Just amazing softball that we have been treated to the last 3+ years......

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

Just amazing softball that we have been treated to the last 3+ years......

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

After the game last night, I was privileged to be talking to one of the players' grandfather. Our conversations centered around the last 3+ years. It went something like this.

If you took this bunch of players and went through the "way back" machine and started all over and played 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 it would never end the way it has played out in real life.

There are too many ups and downs, too many clutch hits, two many days of just getting the win.

I added that even if you took the team and added a couple of all-American's to the team each year, they could not repeat what they have done. The odds are just too long.

I was fortunate to meet this 'grandpa' beside the pool in Puerta Vallarta in 2020 the first weekend of the season. Like his granddaughter on the field, he has been nothing but class, nothing but humble, nothing but thankful about his granddaughter playing for the Sooners.

I feel very fortunate in knowing him, his family (the players father and mother) as a fan of the Sooners. Very fortunate.

Boomer Sooner!
EMan

Post by EMan »

Every now and then I sit back and remind myself that I’m watching history unfold before my very eyes. I’m watching true legends of the game. Playing right now. In real time. These Sooner teams, these players, will always be brought up whenever people talk about the greatest of all time. People still talk about the great UCLA and Arizona teams and players of the 80’s and 90’s, and 40 years from now people will still be talking about this incredible run by OU and these players. So, if you’re a softball fan in general, and certainly if you’re a Sooner fan in particular, you should take a moment to sit back and realize and enjoy the historic run we’re watching. How often do we take the time to realize, in the moment, that we’re watching legitimate legends on the field? Watching some of the greatest players to ever play the game? Right now! This senior class, Jennings, Hansen, Coleman, Brito, Boone, May… It seems like it’s not till after the fact that it suddenly hits us… that was something truly historic. Take it all in and appreciate what you’re witnessing. because some day you’re going to be saying, “Those teams/players were legendary! And I remember watching them play.”
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!