McElroy gives Venables a 10% chance at winning...

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OU Chinaman

McElroy gives Venables a 10% chance at winning...

Post by OU Chinaman »

`

...a NATIONAL TITLE1

In a story by Griffin McVeigh, he quotes Greg McElroy as saying he believes,...

"People are going to0 say "that's a really low number". I think the likelihood of winning a national championship right at OKLAHOMNA under Brent Venables is 10%.
Which to me feels like a pretty good number. Becauseto me, right now, if I were to rank the SEC 1-16, I have OKLAHOMA somewhere in the middle. Which means they're in the vicinity of an 8-4, 7-5 football team."

What damages OKLAHOMA in the 2024 season is the schedule. The SEC did them no favors between tough opponents and intimidating road atmospheres.
A few "welcome to the show" moments certainly fall on the schedule.

"How capable is OKLAHOMA right now, in competing in the Southeastern Conference? Because I really like OKLAHOMA this year, I've said that. I think their talent is good on all 3 levels defensively.
I think they have a good quarterback.It might take a little time before he becomes a starbut he's got the talent to do so.And I think they have really great wide receivers...I'm very optimistic about what OKLAHOMA is going to be, I just think the schedule is outrageously difficult,"
McElroy said.

I'll take that bet, ...Greg!
The 3 games the SOONERS dropped last year, were all winnable. I could make the argument all 3 should've been won.
There's no doubt OU has a gauntlet of a schedule.
So, get in line SEC!
Take your best shot!
OKLAHOMA is used to getting any team's very best effort.
Taking the SOONERS scalp is still a sought after prize in college football.
We'll meet every one of you in the street at high noon and just see who's the fastest draw.
In my mind only injuries can stop OKLAHOMA from winning a minimum of 9 games and likely winning 10 or 11.

We approach 90 days before the 2024 campaign begins. Always a long, long hot summer of waiting.

I think there's a 90% chance the OKLAHOMA SOONERS make the 12 team playoff!!! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
RussC

Post by RussC »

That guys opinion is 10% chance OU wins a NC under BV for as long as BV is HC here—but his analysis only goes as deep as this coming season.
#Mentally In Portal
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Sure the Oklahoma schedule is way more difficult than the texassss schedule …and more difficult than the schedules for the rest of the sec. But what McElroy failed to mention is that by adding Oklahoma to the schedule of all those sec powerhouses the sec powerhouses have a more difficult schedule than they are used to….most or all of those teams that now have to play Oklahoma are going to lose….

The other thing McElroy failed to realize is that it is a 12 team playoff….if Oklahoma gets into the CFP with a year of experience under their belt I like Oklahomas chances of winning it all… :ou: :ou: :BV: :BV:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Ill take that Wager Mr McElroy.
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?