Bedlam Football to End

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

Bottom post of the previous page:

maybe i'm in the minority but I really don't care that much that it won't go on. we are going to have a heck of a tough schedule in the future with the SEC games. an osu game here and there wouldn't be bad but every year we don't need that if we are going to be playing teams like Alabama, Georgia, LSU ect...
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I want to keep the OSU game. It helps getting our name into the national press.

Assuming we will have 9 SEC games a year, I would like having both OSU and Tulsa on the schedule every year. I think it would help bring the state closer together to have the competition.
UtahSooner83

Post by UtahSooner83 »

Of course this means we damn well better beat them this year.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

SoonerTony wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:26 pm Gundy accusing OU of chasing money is ironic.

How many times has he flirted with other jobs for the sole purpose of bilking more money from OSU?

What a tool.
That is especially funny. Had it not been for Boone Pickens, chances are good they would still have 20th century facilities. Add to BP, how much have they received as a result of OUs high profile bowl appearances. They didn’t turn down their conference share of that money.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Finally Payne county tractor driving academy fans and players will now be assured of never losing to the Sooners. :D
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

Give it 5 or 6 years. I predict osu will come back and ask to restart the series.
We will be playing a much more attractive schedule than they will, with plenty of games to boost our strength of schedule.
They will be playing in a cobbled-together inferior league with few marquee matchups. They need the game more than we do. Just my opinion.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Lets not forget how they created that fake national title that Aemy really owns.

I wasn’t going to pipe in until I saw that whiney video from Gundy. He had the chance to take high road and chose low. He tried to recreate his I’m 40 flair and it didn’t work well.
In Brent I Trust :D
captnop

Post by captnop »

I hope if 22 and 23 are our last two games OU beats the crap out of them... No calling off the dogs partway through the 3rd quarter .. Petal to the Metal from start to finish!!
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

OU Guy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:57 pm Lets not forget how they created that fake national title that Aemy really owns.

I wasn’t going to pipe in until I saw that whiney video from Gundy. He had the chance to take high road and chose low. He tried to recreate his I’m 40 flair and it didn’t work well.
He’s a very good representation of OSU.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bob speaks and makes sense as usual

humblesooner

Post by humblesooner »

SwampSooner wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:19 pm Here is the article from the Tulsa World. I copied the stance of both ADs from the article and pasted them below.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/o ... 68d1a.html

“(Playing Oklahoma) presents logistical issues under our current (scheduling) structure,” OSU AD Chad Weiberg told McMurphy. “We don’t have any openings to play them. We’re full. Unless there are significant undertakings to make the game happen, it can’t happen.”
So, this AD is a sharp as the past ones?
They are less than 3 years away from a major schedule upheaval and he already knows they won't have room?
Yeah right.

"Bedlam" is for wrestling. I hate the term being thrown around for other sports.
All this matchup does is give OSU a chance at their 15 minutes of fame.
If they win, it is a successful season. If they lose, they were supposed to.
If OU wins, they are supposed to. If OU loses, OSU celebrates like it's 1999.
About 45 years ago, an ex player commented to me "I think they should win once every 10 to 15 years". I laughed and never forgot that comment.
humblesooner

Post by humblesooner »

SwampSooner wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:47 am I want to keep the OSU game. It helps getting our name into the national press.
Just speculation n my part, but, I think Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, A&M etc will get our name in the national press all we want/need.
Paul Finebaum commented that, outside the state of Oklahoma, OU/OSU is ho-hum.
OSU doesn't do anything for OU's national exposure.
If anything, OU gets OSU's name in the national press.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

humblesooner wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:13 am
SwampSooner wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:47 am I want to keep the OSU game. It helps getting our name into the national press.
Just speculation n my part, but, I think Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, A&M etc will get our name in the national press all we want/need.
Paul Finebaum commented that, outside the state of Oklahoma, OU/OSU is ho-hum.
OSU doesn't do anything for OU's national exposure.
If anything, OU gets OSU's name in the national press.
true dat
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

I hope this is an end to basketball games in Stillwater as well, I really hate watching tv games from there, the camera is like in the rafters or something, you almost get air sick trying to watch the games.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

SwampSooner wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:19 pm Here is the article from the Tulsa World. I copied the stance of both ADs from the article and pasted them below.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/o ... 68d1a.html

“Oklahoma State has shown no interest to schedule any future games in football, so we’re moving on (with filling OU’s future nonconference openings),” Castiglione said in the The Action Network’s report.

“(Playing Oklahoma) presents logistical issues under our current (scheduling) structure,” OSU AD Chad Weiberg told McMurphy. “We don’t have any openings to play them. We’re full. Unless there are significant undertakings to make the game happen, it can’t happen.”

I guess playing UALR is more important to them than playing OU. I suspect 90-19-7 may have more to do with it.
If tbey really wanted to play OU they could easily cancel these.

AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

If the Bowl alignments stay like they are, I can see a time when OU will play osu in a bowl. Of course, that may be a decade from now.