What's your confidence level -- Kansas State Game???

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
TropicalSooner

What's your confidence level -- Kansas State Game???

Post by TropicalSooner »

How is everyone feeling about the Kansas State Game? What is your thoughts on percent chance we'll win? What do you think the about the Score? Offense? Defense?
All comments welcome
Boomer!
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

if this was on the road my confidence level might not be as high, great spot for a trap game just coming off a win on the road against Neb, and let's be honest if Brent had wanted to they could have scored 70 plus Saturday so the team has to be pretty high and another road game might have been hard to get up for but I think playing at home, after dark should be a pumped up crowd and should keep the team focused and fired up.

funny what a good defense will do for your confidence, if playing like last year with last years defensive coaches I would probably say we'd win by no more than 3 to 7 points. with this years coaches it should be a double digit win, I just haven't decided on a lower scoring double digit win where KSU eats up a lot of clock and keeps our offense off the field and we only put up 27-30 points or a win where we jump out early and force them to take some chances and we get the ball back and score 40 or more.
BixSooner

Post by BixSooner »

This one has me worried, trap game. We are due for a taste of reality.

Sooners 52
Wildcats 17
bigedell

Post by bigedell »

Sooners win by 13 and hold K-State <20. I said it in another thread, and I'm sticking with it. BOOK IT!

My reasoning:
  • This defense is no freaking joke, and I don't think we've seen it all yet.
  • This offense is just beginning to hum and I think that every game Dillon Gabriel gets more in stride with Mims/Farooq/Stoops/Willis and he's due for a HUGE game.
  • Coach Vinnie does NOT have a slow down mode and is NEVER unprepared and they'll be ready on Saturday.
  • Kansas State thinks that they "match up well" because of the past games, but they haven't seen this team yet and I think they are overconfident.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Oklahoma 67
KSU 10
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

BixSooner wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 am This one has me worried, trap game. We are due for a taste of reality.

Sooners 52
Wildcats 17
You forgot the /s :) Seriously, if 52-17 is a taste of reality give me more!
Fly

Post by Fly »

Boy I hate picking scores. It like throwing darts which I,m not good at. But my thinking is 34 Sooners 21 Cats.

Fly :dillon:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Confidence Level at a 9.5,after last week.I think we win by 17+
humblesooner

Post by humblesooner »

BixSooner wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 am This one has me worried, trap game. We are due for a taste of reality.

Sooners 52
Wildcats 17
So, you're pretty much expecting a nail biter, huh?
:D
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I'd be absolutely <shocked> if OKLAHOMA doesn't win this game!
Having said that I think K-St is legitimate snarling dog getting 12-14.5 points depending on which line you're using.
I think this game will be a back alley, bare knuckle, street fight and not decided until the 4th qrtr!!!
OKLAHOMA 38-28. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

80% for me.
Kansas State is hard to read for me. Going into the year and even through the first couple of not really competitive games, I had thought they might be one of the teams to be really careful of, and even Teddy thought they were going to make a run at the B12 championship this year.
But looking at the Tulane game last week really leaves me puzzled. Is their defense really pretty good? Is their offense really as lackluster as they appear? Their first two games, 34-0 over South Dakota and 40-12 over Missouri you have to say were in line with expectations against lesser quality teams. But the loss to Tulane just wasn't supposed to happen. It kinda reminded me of how we've looked the last couple of years--usual wins over weaker teams and then struggle against teams you are supposed to be better than. Don't get me wrong, Tulane isn't great.....but they are 3-0 this year and that's after going 2-10 last year and scaring the daylights out of us. Kansas St reminds me of us--last year.

I don't think BV or the team is looking past K-State. I think they have them squarely in their sights. The offensive line looks like it's trying to get settled in, our defense continues to improve week to week. I had reasonably low expectations for this year, but with the amazing progress BV and his coaches and coordinators are making as we go through the season has me unexpectedly optimistic. I don't think K State is the trap game. But I do think we may have two of them. If we handle KSU decisively like we did Nebraska, then I think TCU and Chandler Morris is very much a trap game in Ft. Worth. And if we get past the Horny Toads and then the short whorns in good shape--then for heaven's sake don't look past Kansas-my second trap game.

Kansas State has always been opportunistic. Don't put the rock on the ground. Don't throw Interceptions. And definitely WIN the special teams part of the game. We do those things and our Defense comes ready to play against their mobile QB Martinez and control Deuce Vaughn then we're good.

OU 31
KSU 17
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

What a strange QB year

Vs Neb we faced the qb we faced last year vs Tx

Vs KSU we’ll face the qb we faced last year vs Neb

vs TCU we face the ex OU qb
In Brent I Trust :D
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

OU Guy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:30 pm
vs TCU we face the ex OU qb
I hope on TCU but isn't he hurt?
You shall not pass
White River

Post by White River »

Chandler Morris QB Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs SMU, Knee
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

White River wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:17 pm Chandler Morris QB Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs SMU, Knee
That game was going to be ex OU qb vs ex OU qb. Tanner Mordecai is SMU starter I think.
In Brent I Trust :D