Wait for it.....

KANSAS???

WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Trying to corner that Basketball Market
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Fly

Post by Fly »

How dam big is too big. Where does this stop? Someone explain how this helps? I can see why Sabin thought it time to go & same
With Bob.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

SEC SHOULD wait until the NIL and portal things get resolved OR UNTIL the NCAA is forced out and the BIG and SEC create the super conference.

16 is a good total to keep teams playing one another. The BIG will have many skipped games (teams not playing one another) going forward. If the SEC stays smart with ONE primary opponent game, then the teams will play all fifteen teams home and away every four years with no more than two years without playing them somewhere.

Once it is 20 or 24 teams, it will devolve to divisions and be more like the small conferences of the 1970s to 1990s.
texsa sucks!
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Uh no IMO

SEC sit tight for a couple of years to let thing unfold
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

IF further expansion were a thing in SEC , why wouldn't FSU be targeted ahead of Virginia and KU ?
captnop

Post by captnop »

Sorry for being redundant, I posted a similar post in reply to other similar posts.

This is all some sports writer's fantasy. It's NOT HAPPENING. If KU was such a wonderful asset, then the B1G would've taken them PEROID. BB is good, but nowhere near the money of FB. Look Oregon and Washington went to the B1G for half shares, with no promise when or IF they would get a full share. Why ?? as was stated by the previous B1G commissioner, they DO NOT BRING IN ENOUGH REVENUE ON THIER OWN TO MAKE A FULL SHARE! The west coast leftovers went to the ACC at half shares and the EXISTING ACC SCHOOL STILL LOST MONEY. So Cal, Stanford can't even bring enough $$$ to be a half of a Clemson or FSU. The SEC is NOT bringing in schools that can't at least make as much money as the SEC payout. Why were OU and UT voted in unanimously, we actually bring in MORE money than the per school payout. No SEC school is taking a pay cut to bring in BB schools, time to board the plane and leave fantasy island. So what schools are left that generate enough cash to satisfy this requirement. Answer Clemson and Florida PERIOD. Now may be some BB schools would take a half SEC share ?? They would HAVE to be able to generate the half of the 60-80 Million a year SEC payout. Again BB is Millions of dollars in revenue. Football is 10's of millions of dollars in revenue if you are a name school. For now expansion is over UNLESS there is some new BB revenue contract drastically upping the revenue for March Maddness so it's somewhere near FB.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

waddy's ghost wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:51 am IF further expansion were a thing in SEC , why wouldn't FSU be targeted ahead of Virginia and KU ?
The rumors are FSU, Miami(Fla) and possibly Stanford to the B1G. North Carolina and Clemson to SEC. The two conferences will have a recruiting battle for Virginia. The empty slots to make it four teams each are still in the air.
captnop

Post by captnop »

That I could see.... NC makes enough FB money to complement the BB $$ and if you are taking Clemson, you need a second. I would think they (SEC) are trying to talk to FSU. The ONLY reason the B1G are Targeting Stanford is the hope of ND.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

captnop wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:36 pm That I could see.... NC makes enough FB money to complement the BB $$ and if you are taking Clemson, you need a second. I would think they (SEC) are trying to talk to FSU. The ONLY reason the B1G are Targeting Stanford is the hope of ND.
I got a feeling ND will stay indy in football and join the B1G all other sports. Stanford ticks all the boxes Big 10 presidents love, has football ties to ND and would be a 5th Pacific time zone member. They make sense for the B1G in a lot of ways.

With the early football signing period and transfer portal I don't know if Stanford will ever be what is was under Harbough and the first 8 seasons of Shaw. Even if not, the cream of the conference has to get their wins somewhere.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Bringing Oklahoma and texasss into the sec or any conference is vastly different than any other additions currently being floated…..

You added teams because it was Oklahoma and texasss not because you wanted 2 more teams…… :ou: :ou: :ou:
captnop

Post by captnop »

soonerTroll2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am
captnop wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:36 pm That I could see.... NC makes enough FB money to complement the BB $$ and if you are taking Clemson, you need a second. I would think they (SEC) are trying to talk to FSU. The ONLY reason the B1G are Targeting Stanford is the hope of ND.
I got a feeling ND will stay indy in football and join the B1G all other sports. Stanford ticks all the boxes Big 10 presidents love, has football ties to ND and would be a 5th Pacific time zone member. They make sense for the B1G in a lot of ways.

With the early football signing period and transfer portal I don't know if Stanford will ever be what is was under Harbough and the first 8 seasons of Shaw. Even if not, the cream of the conference has to get their wins somewhere.
THe big issue with stanford is the $$$. They can't even make a HALF SHARE OF THE ACC PAYOUT ?? What does that work out to for the B1G ?? A quarter share ? Which would STILL more than what the 'LAST' Pac 12 deal was supposed to be. I still think all this expansion BS is being pushed by the Media. Yes the B1G does tend to do things based on academics.. HOWEVER it's still a sports conference, schools aren't going to be happy taking cuts just so Stanford can be in the League. To be fair after doing some research ... the only reason NC works is because they have enough of a FB program to add revenue along with the BB revenue. Kansas doesn't.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Zgeo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:56 am Bringing Oklahoma and texasss into the sec or any conference is vastly different than any other additions currently being floated…..

You added teams because it was Oklahoma and texasss not because you wanted 2 more teams…… :ou: :ou: :ou:
This is right on. There will also come a time when the bottom teams of the power 2 will get kicked out (think Vanderbilt, Mizzery, Miss St., UCLA, Rutgers, and Maryland for starters). Why should they get to play with the big kids?
#Mentally In Portal
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

We all know that the NCAA is now just a shell of what it used to be, holding only a figurehead position in CFB. They have no say in conference members or re-alignment. So, The SEC should just resolve/reshape/rearrange CFB. The SEC already has a TV contract, their own TV network, their own announcers, etc. They wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Why doesn't the SEC just pull the trigger and add 48 teams to their current 16 (they could rename it the Super Elite Conference). That would give them eight 8 team divisions. They could start the season with divisional play to qualify for their NC tournament, and the winner of each division would move right into the playoffs and not have to worry about what any other conference in the country is doing. If they felt generous, they could add 4 or more OOC teams to the playoffs so everyone could have a "chance".

To add incentive, they could pay the playoff teams like the NFL All-Stars. The winner of each playoff game gets $XXX/man, losers get 1/2 that amount, per man. They could get even more creative and use relegation as a division placement factor as well.

For those wondering this was written tongue in cheek.... sort of...
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
Fly

Post by Fly »

The problem I see with HUGE SEC expansion is having the top 4 teams in the SEC most years. Is that a good thing, yes for SEC
TV $$$$ but no! for the rest.In fact as far as rating teams in the top 5, it will be hard for a teams out side the SEC to stay in
the top 5 when they rate teams on who they play. For me, it takes a lot of fun out of watching teams across the nation. Again
that is just MOHOP.

Fly🪰