Sooner Women's Golf @ Belmar this weekend- Sat, Sun, Mon for 54!

Discussions on any and all things OU women's sports
OUBeliever56A

Sooner Women's Golf @ Belmar this weekend- Sat, Sun, Mon for 54!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Women's Golf Team will take to the course for the second time this fall the weekend as they host the 54-hole Schooner Fall Classic at Belmar Golf Club on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The play begins on Saturday and Sunday at 8:30 AM with groups teeing off of #1 and #10. On Monday there will be a shotgun start at 9 AM.

Here is the Sooner staff writers article about the Schooner Fall Classic.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/9/18 ... ll-classic

I imagine the top 5 Sooners will play as the Sooner 5-woman team with the other four will play as individuals in the tourney. I also would predict that Savannah Barber and Isabella Schlick will play in the #1 and #2 slots on the Sooner team. I would also expect that Reagan Chaney will be in the #3 spot more than likely. The other two spots are up for grabs. Emily Hun, MaKayla Tyrrell and Audrey Rischer all played out at Pebble Beach in the first Sooner event this fall. But Gracie Mayo, Holly McLean and Rachel Nelke have all played as team members often. There could be lots of competition for the last two, perhaps three spots on the Sooner team for each event.

I do encourage any golfers, or non-golfers, to go watch the tournament some this weekend at Belmar. Both sides, the front and back are a good walk following the players. With the schedule, you can easily walk nine and even all 18 holes with the Sooners and be back ready for the OU-Tennessee football game Saturday night. The same is true on Sunday with Soccer and VB later Sunday afternoon. Monday, except for a chance of rain, would be a perfect day to walk all 18 holes. One warning, no jeans allowed on the course even for walking.

Good luck to the Sooner Women this weekend.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the 16 teams in the Schooner Fall Classic at Belmar Golf Club.

Auburn, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Iowa State, Houston, Kansas State, North Texas, Oklahoma (Host), Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts, TCU, Texas State, Tulane, Tulsa, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I missed the Sooner lineup in the article pre-tourney article above. Here is the Sooner lineup and Tee Times for Saturday.

OU Lineup - Going off from the 1st Tee:
Emily Hun - 8:30 a.m.
Reagan Chaney – 8:40 a.m.
Savannah Barber – 8:50 a.m.
Audrey Rischer – 9 a.m.
Gracie Mayo – 9:10 a.m.

OU Individuals Going off from the #10 Tee:
Raychel Nelke – 10:20 a.m.
Holly McLean – 10:30 a.m.
Isabelle Schlick – 10:40 a.m.
MaKayla Tyrrell – 10:50 a.m.

Good luck to the Sooners this weekend.