OU Men's Basketball - Ready to play Missouri State Tonight at 6!

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OUBeliever56A

OU Men's Basketball - Ready to play Missouri State Tonight at 6!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The staff writers pre-game article about the game tonight is below.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/14 ... round.aspx

The game will be on ESPN with Mark Neely and Fran Fraschilla on the call. The game will also be on the radio at the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

Good luck to the men tonight. From the numbers for Missouri State, it looks like they shoot the basketball pretty well and have two pretty good players in Prim and Mosley.

there may be quite a crowd tonight for the game tonight. With the tickets being mostly General Admission tickets, get there early and pick the seats you want. Doors open at 5 PM.

Boomer Sooner
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Listened to Moser on radio this morning. Something interesting to show how much work the coach does he knew every opposing player and their styles by studying film. But then what he did was to find the most similar Big 12 player. This allowed him to match up his players with games already played vs similar player and helps prep his team. Pretty neat way to do prep.

You can tell he was disappointed missing MM and he said he’ll use it as motivation to recruit and prepare for next season. He told his players to compartmentalize it and after NIT can deal with it then. Explained they still have games to play and not to let MM deal distract them.

This opponent is a good team so we need to be ready.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

What a great win for many reasons.

Was one of the better wire to wire games of year. Means players took to coaching and it showed.

Was on Espin so national audience. Good for recruits.

Players did not quit on coach. After snubbed they gave 100% effort which to me bodes well long term. Players could be on Spring Break yet played hearts out for coach Moser.

Showed the snub for all to see.

I liked refs let them play it was a fun game to watch. Could have had more calls for both teams but they let players decide game, loved it.

Confidence for coach after the snub. This is a true test of how he handles players. After snub and during spring break they came to play and the coach needed that as much if not more than players. Shows he has a united locker room and thats good for future. Wait til he gets his “recruited” players in, we’ll be contending much more.

Really enjoyed this game, great job team and coach!!!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Sooners played a great game ..... very enjoyable to watch.... :ou:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is the post-game recap article by staff writers.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/15 ... state.aspx

I was at the game last night along with the 'much less than expected crowd'. OU played well throughout.

But to me the key of the game was when the Mosley. the scorer for Missouri State, more or less shot his team out of the game early in the 2nd half. He went from making everything he shot to air balls in a couple trips. To me, his antics and 'me, myself and I basketball' strongly affected hit team negatively.

Gibson did play very well along with just about everyone else. Congrats to the Sooners. It sounds like they will play Sunday afternoon some time.

Boomer Sooner!
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

St Bonaventure beat Colorado last night 76 - 72 and will be our next opponent. Haven't heard when.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Hearing Sat? With women playing Sat night it will be interesting. How about McCasland?

SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

SwampSooner wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:00 am St Bonaventure beat Colorado last night 76 - 72 and will be our next opponent. Haven't heard when.
Game will on Sunday. Time not set yet.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/16 ... unday.aspx
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

OU Guy wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:49 pm Hearing Sat? With women playing Sat night it will be interesting. How about McCasland?
Cool picture. Any idea about the year?
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

No idea was hoping someone knew. Someone online suggested it to avoid conflict due to OUWBB game