Conference Realignment

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Conference Realignment

Post by TropicalSooner »

While we are waiting for the games with Kansas to unfold....
Read an article today commenting that the wheels continue to turn to have the new 4 members of the Big 12 actively participating in Big 12 sports starting in 2023. It also indicated that so far anyway, nothing has come about to indicate OU and Texas will depart the Big 12 before the GOR runs out. So....do we expect that things will occur for an early departure for us to go to the SEC? Would this be for the 2023 season? Or do you think we will run the course and find ourselves playing our new conference members before we leave?
Thoughts?
aka Crimson47
captnop

Post by captnop »

Kinda hoping that with Bowlsby leaving this summer, maybe a new B12 commish will be more inclined to deal ? The other thing is did OU get a buyout for LR ?? I had read somewhere his buyout was like 20+ something million .. if so that would go part of the way to paying off the not so Big 12 .. Otherwise 23 and 24 will be really awkward ..
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I, for one, am willing to stay in the Big XII a couple of years. Give our coaching staffs time to prepare the teams for the SEC.
captnop

Post by captnop »

Yeah I'm good with 2022 and 2023 .. I've read several places is the reality is that the new teams probably couldn't join until 2024 anyway .. so that would lessen the awkwardness.. That gives the respective staffs a couple of years to get things going.