Aubrey Joens Transfers to OU From Iowa State

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This transfer surprises me a bit but I welcome her to the Sooners. She can play and is a strong 3-point shooter. In the article it sounds like that Aubrey Joens (G) believes she might have the chance to play more at OU than at Iowa State. She played 21 minutes a game at I-State.

With Washington and Tot at THE guard spot for OU, that surprises me. I think that Washington or Tot starts in 2022-23 with Robertson, Llanusa, Williams and a fifth player, The fifth starter may be the incoming freshman, Beatrice Culliton, F-C from Overland Park, Kansas. The Sooners will still have the very valuable Vann (F-C), either Washington or Tot, Scott (C), Kennedy (F-G), Perkins (F-G), Svoboda (C) and Moser (F) off the bench along with the three other freshman, Johnson (F - 6'3"), Cooper (G - 5'9") and Scott (G - 5'9") who seem like they could play also in 2022-23.

The Sooners are going to be very deep in 2022-23. I am excited about the team for next year.

Boomer Sooner!
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

The playing time comment could jut be a diplomatic way of saying she wasn't happy at ISU. Or, she might redshirt and get a ton of minutes the next year.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In addition to the Aubrey Joens (G) with 3 years of eligibility remaining the Sooners have had two players transfer out of the Oklahoma program.

Gabby Gregory (JR), Forward, has transferred to Kansas State.
Bre'yon White (Soph), Forward has transferred to TCU.
Sooneryankee13

Post by Sooneryankee13 »

It would be nice to get some size on this team. That's all they are missing in my opinion. Otherwise this team is in really good shape.