Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ousbfan

Super Regionals Bracket Team Matchups

Post by ousbfan »

Article with the teams match up in all 8 locations listed within the article

https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/arti ... ahoma-city
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Why is OSU not hosting Clemson? That seems to be the only surprise for me.
You shall not pass
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:57 pm Why is OSU not hosting Clemson? That seems to be the only surprise for me.
Not sure what you mean. They are hosting Clemson....in Stillwater.
aka Crimson47
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

My uneducated guess on the final 8 going to WCWS
OU side of bracket
Oklahoma, Arizona State,Ucla, Arkansas

Other side of bracket
Virginia Tech, Stanford, Clemson, Arizona

Left out osu because can't ever pull for little kenny, Stanford, Arizona games toss ups
OU to me has the harder side of bracket
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Clemson will not rollover and play dead....I've seen them a few times the last couple of weeks and they can play. I think they will give the cowgirls all they want.
aka Crimson47
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm
Gandalf wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:57 pm Why is OSU not hosting Clemson? That seems to be the only surprise for me.
Not sure what you mean. They are hosting Clemson....in Stillwater.
Oops, I misread it. Thanks for the clarification.
You shall not pass
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

No worries.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

ousbfan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:18 pm My uneducated guess on the final 8 going to WCWS
OU side of bracket
Oklahoma, Arizona State,Ucla, Arkansas

Other side of bracket
Virginia Tech, Stanford, Clemson, Arizona

Left out osu because can't ever pull for little kenny, Stanford, Arizona games toss ups
OU to me has the harder side of bracket
I think VA Tech wins fairly easy hosting Florida. Florida use dup a month's of hits in the Regionals.

As for Los Angeles, Norman and Tempe they could be 2 games as well, but I would caution. 1 Hot pitcher at this level can shut down an offense and win a game. I would not be surprised if one or two of these series were a 3 game series. Duke and UCF has underrated pitching staffs. NW relies on Williams too much I think against ASU though. But she could win one by herself if NW scores 2 or 3 runs.

At Stanford, Starkville, Stillwater and Fayetteville the 3-game series will be very close. Any big hit could win a game with 2 or 3 on base.

I think Oregon State's pitching could make the difference at Stanford and I would pick them. But I have thought OSU's (the one in the NW) pitching would make a difference all season and sometimes it did not.

Arizona might have played over their heads in the Regionals. Miss State got surprising pitching in Tallahassee. I would choose the hitting for Zona to continue and therefore Zona amazingly gets to the WCWS. BTW, Davidson for Miss State with 90 career HRs, many kudos to her.

In Stillwater, the (central) OSU can pitch with the best of them. Clemson seems to be up and down in the pitching but still pretty good. Clemson probably has a better hitting group unless OSU hitters like Busby and Petty have good series. I will be a good series with orange and black against orange and purple. Probably OSU wins this, but I would not be surprised if Clemson does.

In Fayetteville, can Delce continue her effort in the circle? That may be the key to the 3 games. Can Dolcini do the same? I think Dolcini is more reliable than Delce under pressure. But Dolcini may have to pitch three games. Personally, I would love to see Ellsworth get big hits to defeat White and Texas. If the Texas defense plays poorly as they can do, Arkansas wins also. It is probably the Razorbacks that win, but Dolcini can win this for Texas.