Womens Tennis recruiting?

OURed

Womens Tennis recruiting?

Post by OURed »

Does anyone have info about who OU Women’s Tennis signed or who have committed to them. With such a successful season I would expect a good recruiting class. Can’t find much online.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

I couldn't find a date for this, but I did find that they have 1 verbal, but no NLI signed (according to this site): Anastasiya Lopata from Ukraine

https://www.tennisrecruiting.net/team.asp?id=849
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OURed

Post by OURed »

WOMEN'S TENNIS SIGNS DARIA KUDASHOVA
NORMAN – Oklahoma women's tennis head coach Audra Cohen announced Tuesday the addition of Daria Kudashova for the 2022-23 season.

"We are excited to add Daria to our Sooner family," said Cohen. "Her passion, energy and talent fits in perfectly with the standard of excellence we've established within our program."

From Ust-Labinsk, Russia, Kudashova has a career-high singles ranking of 645 and doubles ranking of 1040 in the Women's Tennis Association (WTA).

"I think this is a good opportunity for me to be on this team with the best coaches and players," said Kudashova. "Thank you to the University of Oklahoma for this opportunity."

Kudashova comes to Oklahoma with a career-high ITF Pro Circuit Singles ranking of 27 and four singles titles. She made the quarterfinals or better in 11 tournaments, including the W15 Kazan, W15 Telavi, W15 Batumi and $15k title in Batumi, Georgia.

The Sooners are coming off a national runner-up finish in 2022 and the program's most historic season. The team collected 32 wins, eight against top-10 teams and 13 over top-25's, along with nine All-Big 12 honors, including Cohen's Big 12 Coach of the Year award.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think that the only 'starter' (one of the six that plays regularly) that will be leaving the program will be ALEXANDRA PISAREVA. She plays #5 singles and #2 doubles.

I believe that Ivana Corley can return for her 5th year due to Covid.

I am unsure whether MARCELINA PODLINSKA can return but it looks like she should be able to return for her fifth season as well.