OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU plays at 1:30 on Thu

In Brent I Trust :D
TALSOONER

Post by TALSOONER »

Bracket 1 = noon, 3, and 1pm
Bracket 2 = 7,7,7 pm

Somebody doesn't want OU on primetime.....
Who does the bracket team and time assignments ?
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Give me the early schedule any time - play early before the June thunderstorms get a chance to kick up. Rest easy in the hotel while others play deep into the night.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

TALSOONER wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:32 am Bracket 1 = noon, 3, and 1pm
Bracket 2 = 7,7,7 pm

Somebody doesn't want OU on primetime.....
Who does the bracket team and time assignments ?
It could very likely be that they lose a lot of viewers once OU goes to run rule scoring, meaning loss of views and advertising $$$ since the games don't go a full 7 innings.

I do hope that is a problem for teams playing us during the WCWS.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: It seems thay OU always gets the early afternoon game the first day of the CWS. As a fan, I hate it. Sure I can record it but watching a game you already know the outcome . I say that as I have a replay of the the OU vs UCF game. Plus when I get home, I want to watch the evening games. As for for the team, I think they love it. As was just stated, the team gets get the play early and get it over with. Get time to relax and scout the other teams. In the past, the winner on Thursday had to play their next game on Friday so rest was important. This year they get Friday off.
As scheduling for ratings purposes. I do think that may have something to do with it. The networks know no matter what time they schedule OU, there will be plenty of eyeballs for advertising and dollars. The Stadium will sell out because its OU. There are not that many run rules in at the CWS, so I dont think that is a consideration. That being said, I am thinking out taking Thursday off work to watch OU live.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I think ABC gambled to get OU on Sat. The other Sat game is night on ESpin so ABC is the bigger game. Just a guess:

In Brent I Trust :D
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Yea. I agreee. ABC sees a potential ratings bonanza. If OU wins on Thursday they get a great story line , either a rematch with UCLA who OU beat in the regular season or a remath against a hot Texss team who gave OU one of its only 2 losses this year. Yep, ABC said sign me up.
BixSooner

Post by BixSooner »

I'm kind of surprised they don't "reseed" after the super regionals. I know they'll move them around after the first couple of rounds, but having 1 and 5 seed on one side and 7 and 14 on the other, seems goofy.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: I was looking at that also. OU definitely has the much tougher side of the bracket.
One positive side is that if we survive the first 2 games, the rest of the road may not be very bumpy to another Natty. This a very unusual year for this many unseeded teams to make to the CWS. Lets not forget that JMU as an unseeded team beat us in game one last year. If a team makes it to the CWS, they are not a team to take lightly.
That being said. They should re-seed the teams. I dont know if it has been considered before, but if coaches with alot of influence like Patty make a platform out of it, it could change. She led the charge for scheduling changes and instant replay and now we have it.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Does anyone know if the format for the WCWS is the same as in years past i.e., in Bracket 1, assuming that OU wins and UCLA wins their opening game, the loser of the game between OU vs UCLA would bounce to the elimination game in the opposite bracket (Bracket 2) playing the winner of the first elimination game? Likewise the loser of the second round game in Bracket 2 would bounce to the elimination game in Bracket 1.

The brackets as spelled out above do not define whether this is still true as in past years or not, IMO
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

I will answer my own question, for other's benefit who may have also been wondering: YES, the second round game in each bracket's loser will bounce to the second elimination game in the opposite bracket, as in past years.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner