Night Sky - Amazon Prime

Your favorites
SwampSooner

Night Sky - Amazon Prime

Post by SwampSooner »

I really like this show. Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons (Farmer's Insurance Ads) give a marvelous performance as a couple in the twilight of their lives. They have a secret portal in their root cellar that can transport them to a distant deserted planet. Sissy sees no reason to go on living and plans to end it all in the portal, but as she goes to see the stars one last time, she finds a young man in the portal - a place he cannot possibly be. Both Sissy and JK are having a rekindled interest in life creep back into them as the mystery surrounding this portal builds.(my wife and I just finished the 3rd episode and have found out that the portal can do much more than this)

The show is a bit slow-paced, but that allows for strong, character development.

Even the script is well-written. I do not remember any profanity through the 1st 3 episodes.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

I loved this series but Amazon has denied a second season.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

MsProudSooner wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:07 pm I loved this series but Amazon has denied a second season.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. One of the few original, non-action Amazon series that I really enjoyed. Well, I guess I'll have to wait for Season 2 of Bosch Legacy and hopefully Reacher.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22