RACING THE LIGHT

Your favorites
OU Chinaman

RACING THE LIGHT

Post by OU Chinaman »

... #19 in the continuing saga of Private Eye Elvis Cole and his enigmatic partner Joe Pike.

Unfortunately, this is the very first time I can honestly say I was disappointed in Robert Crais latest effort.
Joe Pike has always been my very favorite fictional character, but he barely even appears in this book. His friend Jon stone had a bigger role than Pike.

Story was almost all dialoge, very little action. No tension or real drama.
it was good to see Elvis reconnect with Lucy (love of his life) & her son, but to me it just seemed like a hurried and poor effort by Crais.
Been reading these Cole/Pike adventures for almost 30 years, and always look forward to the newest one and have seldom felt short-changed Except in this case.

If anybody else follows Elvis & Joe. I'd be interested in your appraisal of Racing the Light. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Last edited by OU Chinaman on Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Just finished it about a couple of weeks ago. Largely agree that the latest book "Racing the Light" left me mostly underwhelmed. Still enjoyed the cast of characters, but not in the same league as Crais' previous books, IMO.

Waited a long time for this his latest novel, and, while I wouldn't give it a "thumbs down", it didn't grab me like some of the earlier books. Maybe a 6.8 out of 10.0...
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner