Oklahoma Women's Gymnastics Intrasquad on Friday @ 6:30 PM !

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Women's Gymnastics Intrasquad on Friday @ 6:30 PM !

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Coming of their 5th National Championship in 2022, the Oklahoma Sooners Women's Gymnastics Team will hold an open-house Intrasquad event at the Sam Viersen Gymnastics Center on Friday night at 6:30 PM. Admission is free and open to the public.

Here is the staff writers article about the event.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/12/5 ... iday-night

Quoting from the article "This is a unique opportunity to see what we do up close!, head coach K.J. Kindler said. We want to give fans this incredible experience while challenging our team under pressure."

Last year I missed the same event and wished that had taken advantage of being there. I will be there this year. Parking is available across the Imhoff in the LNC parking lot.

It will be great to see the ladies perform once again Good luck to them all!

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In the Annual Intrasquad event that was held last night at the Sam Viersen Gymnastics Center the Oklahoma Sooners Women's Team looked sharp and ready for the upcoming season in the spring of 2023. Coach KL Kindler has her team ready to go for 2023. There was an extremely good crowd for the event, I would offer that the crowd last night included many young girls and young families to see the free demonstrations and competition by the OU Women gymnasts. It was a much younger crowd than I see at most OU events except maybe for football.

It was interesting for me to see the Sam Viersen Center. Someone has figured out how to pack all the necessary equipment and training tools needed to produce and maintain the top programs in the country for OU. You can tell where I am guessing that they expanded the primary hall to add two additional 'wings' on the North and the East of the primary hall. Both the men and the women train in the facility. From what I could tell, it looks like that both teams can actually train at the very same time with the men using the northern part of the facility and the women the south end of the facility.

When I heard last year that the facility was going to receive a 'make-over' and an expansion, I was curious as to why. Now I understand that need. And the 'upgrade' is deserved.

The planners of last nights event did a good job of moving the crowd of fans around the facility to see the competition. While crowded, the fans moved well around the facility to see the action.

Most every gymnasts performed well last night. Many of the familiar Sooners from last years team and sometimes beyond that, looked ready for any competition that is coming. Several new freshman instantly showed that they can compete with the veterans for slots in the performing gymnasts at meets. Even at this event when a gymnasts 'sticks the landing' the crowd got excited as they do in the LNC.

Here is the post-intrasquad staff writers article about the event last night.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/12/9 ... intrasquad

It was my first time to attend this event. It will be an annual event I go to from now on. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the effort and the skills demonstrated by the OU Women Gymnasts. It is different being on ground level with the athletes. From the stands in LNC, you lose the perspective about the height of the athletes when performing and the uneven bars, the vault and even the beam and floor. The young ladies really are able to elevate themselves to impressive heights. I always knew it took a great deal of intestinal fortitude swing around the top bar of the uneven bars and let go to then turn a flip or some other move and then re-catch the bar to continue the routine. Seeing it from below them, I have a new found respect for that skill and the willingness to risk the move. Thanks to the team and coaches to provide the experienced fans and the novice fans like me to the facility to witness the team performing up close and in a matter many would never have otherwise.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

A look at the crowd!

OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

::rice2:: :dude: