Women's Basketball Standings: Big 12 as of Thursday, Feb 2nd

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Women's Basketball Standings: Big 12 as of Thursday, Feb 2nd

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the Women's Big 12 Standings as of January 29th.

T#1 - Iowa State - 7-2 - overall 15-4 - NET Ranking of #11 - AP#12
T#1 - Texas - 7-2 - overall 16-6 - NET Ranking of #10 - AP #24
3rd - Oklahoma - 6-3 - overall 16-4 - NET Ranking of #45 - AP #20
T#4 - Baylor - 5-3 - overall 14-6 - NET Ranking of #24 - AP RV#31
T#4 - West Virginia - 5-3 - overall 14-5 - NET Ranking of #70
6th - Kansas - 4-4 - overall 14-5 - NET Ranking of #32
7th - Oklahoma State - 4-5 - overall 14-7 - NET Ranking of #46
8th - Texas Tech - 3-5 - overall 15-6 - NET Ranking of #71
9th - Kansas State - 2-7 - overall 13-9 - NET Ranking of #64
10th - Texas Christian - 0-9 - overall 6-14 - NET Ranking of #157

Mid-Week Schedule:
Tuesday, Jan 31:

TCU at Oklahoma - 6 PM - ESPN+ - Oklahoma has announced that due to the weather that the game is free to attend. No tickets required. Hopefully even in the icy weather people will turn out for the game. Oklahoma, after an 0-2 week last week, needs to right the ship and play very well against TCU. They simply must. Oklahoma wins and they should win big. the Sooners won by 27 in Ft. Worth. They need to win by 13 more at least at home. I really hope that OU works on their rotation pattern and shortens the bench to about 9 maybe 8 players. When fouls are a problem, they can extend the bench, but they need to get the Sooner Conestoga Wagon rolling on all wheels, now.

Wednesday, Feb 1:

Texas at West Virginia - 6 PM - ESPN+ - West Virginia has gotten themselves back in the Big 12 race in a tie for 4th place. they beat Baylor in Morgantown earlier in the season. That is all I need to have a reason to pick WV over Texas. Go Mountaineers! Beat the Longhorns at the buzzer if need be.

Iowa State at Kansas State - 6:30 PM - ESPN+ - Iowa State should make the trip to Manhattan in the cold just fine. The Joens and 3 guards show will do just fine against K-state and pick up a win and stay in 1st Place. Maybe all alone if West Virginia helps them out.

Texas Tech at Oklahoma State - 6:30 PM - ESPN+ - I think the home court advantage will be the difference but Tech is playing better. Overall, I think OSU is the better, especially in Stillwater after the long trip from Lubbock in the windy cold weather. OSU wins. to get to .500 in conference.

Kansas at Baylor - 7 PM - ESPN+ - This is probably the game of the mid-week just slightly ahead of Texas at WV. Kansas needs to win to stay a threat in the Big 12. Baylor needs to win to get themselves closer to the Top 2 teams. There is big advantage if you finish 1st or 2nd in the Big 12 when you get to the tourney. The two teams that do just avoid a tough game on Friday before they play on Saturday and hopefully on Sunday. Oklahoma is in this boat as well. At Baylor, I don't think Kansas has enough to defeat Baylor unless Baylor gets in big foul trouble inside. Baylor wins.

Good luck to the Sooners on Tuesday with what hopefully is a good crowd in LNC.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the updated standing in the Women' Big 12 Standings after the 4 games on Wednesday night, Feb 1st.

1st - Texas - 8-2 - overall 17-6
T2nd - Iowa State - 7-3 - overall 15-5
T2nd - Oklahoma - 7-3 - overall 17-4
4th - Baylor - 6-3 - overall 15-6
5th - Oklahoma State - 5-5 - overall 15-7
6th - West Virginia - 5-4 - overall 14-6
7th - Kansas - 4-5 - overall 14-6
8th - Texas Tech - 3-6 - overall 15-7
9th - Kansas State - 3-7 - overall 14-9
10th - Texas Christian - 0-10 - overall 6-15

OU defeated TCU 101-78 at home on Tuesday night.

On Wednesday night:
Texas defeated WV on the road 69-56 to move into 1st Place all by themselves.

Kansas State (behind Gabby Gregory with 27 points) upset Iowa State in Manhattan 78-77. The loss by I-State dropped them into a second place tie with OU.

OSU defeated Texas Tech at home 86-74 to move to .500 in the conference.

Baylor beat Kansas in Waco 63-45.