Men's Big 12 Basketball Standings thru Feb 5th - OU in 9th Place

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OUBeliever56A

Men's Big 12 Basketball Standings thru Feb 5th - OU in 9th Place

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the standings in the Men's Big 12 play through Feb 5th.

1st - Texas - 8-2 in conf. - 19-4 overall. NET ranking of #8 - Texas defeated K-State in Manhattan on Saturday 69-66.
2nd - Iowa State - 7-3 in conf. - 16-6 overall. NET ranking of #12 - Iowa State defeated Kansas in Ames 68-53 on Saturday.
T3rd - Baylor - 6-4 in conf. - 17-6 overall. NET ranking of #13 - Baylor won over Tech 89-62 at home in Waco on Saturday.
T3rd - Kansas - 6-4 in conf. - 18-5 overall. NET ranking of #10
T3rd - Kansas State - 6-4 in conf. - 18-5 overall. NET ranking of #22
T3rd - TCU - 6-3 in conf. - 17-6 overall. NET ranking of #17
7th - Oklahoma State - 5-5 in conf. - 14-9 overall. NET ranking of #35 - OSU defeated TCU 79-73 in Stillwater on Saturday for the Big 12 upset of the week.
8th - West Virginia - 3-7 in conf. - 14-10 overall. NET ranking of #20 - WV defeated OU in Morgantown 93-61 on Saturday.
9th - Oklahoma - 2-8 in conf. - 12-11 overall. NET ranking of #61
10th - Texas Tech - 1-9 in conf. - 12-11 overall. NET ranking of #70

The mid-week games this week are below:

Monday, Feb 6th:
Texas at Kansas - 8 PM on ESPN - Texas is in the state of Kansas to play twice in three days. I wonder if they stayed up in northern Kansas for a couple of days. I must admit that Texas is playing tough and play well in close games. Kansas needs a win badly. I just think that the inside play of Texas is going to carry them past Kansas.

Tuesday, Feb 7th:
TCU at Kansas State - 8 PM on ESPNU - After both teams losing on Saturday, both need a win. TCU needs to find its way without Miller in the lineup. The winner stays in a 3rd place tie probably. I think I will take TCU due to their overall quickness. But the game will be very close.

Wednesday, Feb 7th:
Iowa State at West Virginia - 6 PM on ESPN2/U - Both teams won big games on Saturday. I think I will take West Virginia at home in this one. Again the game will be close. But I think West Virginia is going to play well the second half of the conference play.

Texas Tech at Oklahoma State - 7 PM on ESPN+ - We will see if OSU's big men can play against the Texas Tech big men. I think that the OSU guards can outplay the outside players of Tech though. I think OSU is playing well right now. They should win, but it might be closer than what I think.

Oklahoma at Baylor - 8 PM on ESPNU - Oklahoma is struggling in the Big 12. I do not think that changes against Baylor in Waco. But the earlier game in Norman was a 2-point between the two teams. I would be standing and applauding if the Sooners can pull off the upset in Waco. But I don't think that will happen. Baylor is good inside and outside and will use both halves of the game to defeat OU.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In Monday Night action on the Big 12 Men's side of things, Kansas defeated Texas 88-80 in Lawrence, KS. Kansas won over the Longhorns despite the fact that Jalen Wilson only scored 2 points in the game due to foul trouble. Dick, Harris and McCuller stepped up and played well for Kansas. Kansas won both halves of play.

The result pulls the top 6 teams closer together in the Big 12 standings as Texas was a game in front in 1st Place. Two other Big 12 top-6 teams play tonight with TCU traveling to K-State. That should be a high-speed game with action in Manhattan.

After mid-week play, five of the top Big 12 teams should be within one game in the standings.
Raul

Post by Raul »

This conference is always amazing. Even more so, this year!