Oklahoma Sooner Women's BB travels to K-State for Sunday Game

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Sooner Women's BB travels to K-State for Sunday Game

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Sooners Women's Basketball Team travels to Manhattan to play Kansas State for the first of two games during the second half of the Big 12 schedule. OU is in 2nd place with a 9-3 record in conference and 19-4 overall. K-State is 3-8 in the conference and 14-10 overall. In an interesting twist, Gabby Gregory, an ex-Sooner is the leading scorer for the Wildcats in her first year at K-State. the game on Sunday is at 1 PM. The game will air on ESPNU with Brenda VanLengen and Holly Warlick with Brian Brinkley providing play-by-play on the Sooner Radio Network.

Here is the staff writers article about the upcoming game on Sunday.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/2/11 ... tan-sunday

It looks like K-State starts 4 guards and a forward most games. Of the seven players that have started more than 5 games, six are guards. Six players play 21 or more minutes (5 guards and one forward) with two more playing 10 minutes a game, a guard and a forward. The guards for K-State that play the most are all 6'0" at least.

The K-State scoring is led by Gregory with 19.5 PPG. Sundell and Glenn score 12.4 and 11.7 per game.

I think should rebound well against K-State according to the stats. The matchups might work well also as I think Robertson/Llanusa can actually stay with Gregory on defense. Tot maybe a little disadvantaged against the taller K-State guards. I think the Sooners can matchup inside with K-State. Although K-State does have a 6'7" center that does not play much.

I think I like the matchup of OU and K-State. If OU can continue to play the faster paced game and handle the ball well as they have done in the last 2 or 3 games Oklahoma does shoot for a higher percentage from the floor and 3-point range.

Good luck to the Sooners on Sunday.

Boomer Sooner!