Sooners defeat 23rd-ranked ISU in Ames!

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
SoonerTony

Sooners defeat 23rd-ranked ISU in Ames!

Post by SoonerTony »

What a strange basketball game. Sooners committed 18 turnovers to only 5 for the Cyclones, yet still won by double digits.

To say we needed this win is an understatement.

This team is hard to figure. Good enough to beat Alabama and Iowa State, yet at other times look downright terrible.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

One thing I’ll say and its a credit to Moser. These kids could easily have given up by now yet they still play hard. If Portrr can get more players in then he does seem to keep players motivated so we should see a bump up next year. So many close games lost.

Also don’t discount the refs giving OU the business this year. Opponents had 312 FTs to 242 for OU. It really does add up. I think refs also give higher ranked teams better calls so if OU can make a jump next year maybe can getter calls.
In Brent I Trust :D
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

All this after Cortes steps away. They could have easily just thrown in the towel and finished up this season on a downhill slide. Now, it's possible for them to make some noise during the Conference tournament and remind them of how lucky they are we are moving on to the SEC.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22