Florida tonight at LNC 7:45pm

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
AustinTXSooner

Florida tonight at LNC 7:45pm

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Not sure why the strange time. KJ wants a sell out. This match is televised on ESPN2.

OU is #1 in NQS ranking with a 198.205. Florida is #2 with 197.845. Should be an exiting meet.

Then Monday night, we go to Michigan, who's ranked #4 with a 197.715.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I’m sure it’s timed to allow time to run rule KY and then get from Marita Hynes to Lloyd Noble. :D

Actually, I’m sure it’s espn2 dictated start time.
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

Strangest thing about the time is that ESPN2 did not televise until a little after 8. They cut from the end of a basketball game to our 1st vault of the night. Don't know if they tape delayed the broadcast by 15 minutes or delayed the start by 15 minutes.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The gym meets always say a start time of 15 minutes before the actual first events - I assume this is for intros, which are not televised.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The gym meets always say a start time of 15 minutes before the actual first events - I assume this is for intros, which are not televised. Based only on watching the OU Twitter feed and the actual event, I believe the broadcast is live, not delayed.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Just a quick summary. It was an exciting meet. After each of the first 2 rotations, we were ahead by 0.075. Of note during those rotations was a 10.0 by Trautman on the vault. Also, I've never seen anyone crash and burn on the vault like Florida's final vault. She has to have a concussion. She didn't compete in the final two events. I don't know if she normally does or not.

In the third rotation, beam for us, floor for Florida, we took a .375 lead. Florida had 2 gymnasts step out, one with both feet.

In the 4th rotation, Jordan Bowers was scored quite harshly on floor. All I saw was one bad landing, but she didn't step out or fall down or anything like that. Just one slight under rotation that looked awkward. She was given the lowest score of any floor routine, Florida included, 9.675. It didn't really matter, we had already won the meet before she performed. But if she had scored a 9.775 or higher, we would have broken 198.

The scoring was a bit rugged the entire day. I'm still not sure why Audrey Davis has yet to get a 10.0 on bars. Jordan Bowers looked perfect on beam. And I have no idea where they deducted Dani Sievers on vault.

We tied Florida on Bars and Beam. We beat them 49.600 to 49.525 on Vault and 49.350 to 49.175 on Floor. The final score was 197.950 to 197.700.

On to Michigan on Monday.
minnysooner

Post by minnysooner »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 am The scoring was a bit rugged the entire day. I'm still not sure why Audrey Davis has yet to get a 10.0 on bars. Jordan Bowers looked perfect on beam. And I have no idea where they deducted Dani Sievers on vault.
I was watching the meet with my wife last night and she made this point too (And honestly that’s been a pet peeve of hers all season, not just OU meets.)

If you can get a couple sets of eyes with us that has no gymnastics experience (and my limited experience watching a high school girlfriend at her meets) wonder if perceived perfection isn’t that, what is?
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

Neither team performed their best tonight. Our girls have a tough draw heading to michigan for a monday meet. Lots of heavily taped ankles right now. Hopefully they pull off a win against michigan and get some rest.