6’-1” 200 lb • Rock Hill High School

Mom is excited/happy

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

This can't be right... I thought our former coach was the only QB recruiter in the country and we are looking at the possibility of having a top 5 QB recruited 3 classes in a row?

IF he should commit this early (and there is speculation he will soon), he would have 1.5+ years to help put a stellar 2025 class together - if he operates like JA. That would be nothing but great news for Team 131!
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

And another CB. All 3 are very reliable imsiders!

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bixby_Sooner wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:55 am This can't be right... I thought our former coach was the only QB recruiter in the country and we are looking at the possibility of having a top 5 QB recruited 3 classes in a row?

IF he should commit this early (and there is speculation he will soon), he would have 1.5+ years to help put a stellar 2025 class together - if he operates like JA. That would be nothing but great news for Team 131!
Would be strange if we get a 25 committ before a 24 committ lol.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OU Guy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:59 am
Bixby_Sooner wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:55 am This can't be right... I thought our former coach was the only QB recruiter in the country and we are looking at the possibility of having a top 5 QB recruited 3 classes in a row?

Would be strange if we get a 25 committ before a 24 committ lol.
I think Hawkins re-set his announcement for April 8 (a lot of family in town for Easter). I don't see anyone else (24k Class) close to committing before then, so it could happen, and yes it would be very strange, but in a good way.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Another CB

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

All the big beat writers have him at OU

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Boom!

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

2025 QB Kevin Sperry wastes no time, commits to Oklahoma: "I felt something special there right off the bat"
14 minutes ago
It's taken quite a while for Oklahoma to lock down their first commitment of the 2024 cycle.

There won't be a similar wait in the class of 2025, as the Sooners are already on the board with a late-night pledge from Prosper (Texas) Rock Hill quarterback Kevin Sperry.

"I just feel very fulfilled," Sperry told OUInsider's Brandon Drumm shortly before announcing his commitment. "A lot of stress has been taken away from me. I'm thankful for all the coaches that recruited me, but I feel like OU's the right spot for me."

Sperry was one of just two quarterback offers in the class of 2025 for Oklahoma offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby, and took virtually no time to jump on the offer and start the train for the Sooners. He camped with Oklahoma last June, and that provided an initial opportunity for Sperry to bond with Lebby. Thus, when the offer came last Thursday, Sperry felt comfortable enough to lock in with OU.

"At the camp, I felt like we connected immediately there," Sperry said of Lebby. "That was my first time at Oklahoma. I felt something special there right off the bat, and we just continued the relationship; I knew they were going to offer sooner or later. So I'm just glad it worked out."

Though the relationship with Lebby was strong from the get-go, Sperry's love for Oklahoma is rooted much deeper than his bond with his future position coach.

"I think the difference was the culture that Coach Venables has created there," Sperry said. "Some people in the S.O.U.L. Mission organization, they stopped me in the hallway and talked to me for a good fifteen minutes. I was really a nobody then, and for them to show that genuine support, that just showed me how the people in that program work and who Coach Venables is bringing in. So that was a big turning point there."

Ultimately, Oklahoma felt like a great fit for Sperry individually, but his family's feelings about the program helped make it a perfect fit and an easy call.

"I think I was the first one to tell him that Oklahoma was it," Kevin's mother Gabi remarked. "But I told him, 'Don't let what I want or what my heart is saying to influence your decision. It's your decision.' But bless his heart — the humble guy that he is, he said, 'It's our decision.' I only visited once, but I cried during the visit while we were there. It just felt different, and as soon as we left, I knew."

Sperry's father Kevin Sr., a former linebacker at Washington State, says his first impression of Oklahoma was quite similar.

"Immediately, I felt a spirit there that just took over my feelings about the place," said the elder Sperry. "It was overwhelming to me... I felt at that time, God spoke to me and said, 'This is gonna be home.' This was during Kevin's camp while he's throwing. I'm getting emotions watching him and Lebby communicate. And I just knew immediately, just like my wife, that there was just something there — that God was just telling me this was gonna be home."

And it is home indeed for his eldest son, who chooses Oklahoma over offers from nearly two dozen other FBS programs. As Sperry's mother remarked, Kevin's decision to commit to Oklahoma was virtually instantaneous, and it left her thoroughly inundated with joy.

"I'm pretty sure I didn't stop crying for a good two hours," said Gabi. "I would finally calm down and then I would start crying again. It was overwhelming. And ... immediately after it happened, he said, 'I'm just gonna go ahead and commit.' It was the immediate, honest reaction."

9COMMENTS
With Sperry on board, Oklahoma has a chance to land elite quarterbacks from the DFW metroplex in three straight classes; an upcoming decision from four-star 2024 QB Michael Hawkins could bridge the gap between Sperry and five-star 2023 signee Jackson Arnold. Hawkins is set to choose between Oklahoma and TCU on April 8.

https://247sports.com/Article/Oklahoma- ... 206398792/
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Every time I read articles like the above, I thank God for managing that coach's carousal that the Dr Pepper commercial portrays! Only we got OUr Coach!