Does Deal Get Another Shot Today??

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Does Deal Get Another Shot Today??

Post by TropicalSooner »

I sincerely hope so.
There's been some discussion on other boards about yesterday's outing and whether she should just come in as a relief pitcher today.
But here's my take--and I'm probably alone on this.
I would like to see her start again today. She had a bit of a shaky start yesterday, but finally was able to get control of herself and I thought pitched rather well.
It made me remember something from last year....I'm pretty sure I read this or maybe it was a post game interview...but I'm recalling what Elam said to Trautwein first time going to Hall of Fame Stadium, and I hope Hansen said something similar to Deal, maybe she did--I don't know.
But when Elam saw Trautwein's eyes look like saucers, she moseyed out to the circle and said something to the effect: " Okay....take a look around at the crowd. One look. Take it all in. Now....from here on--- you look at me, no place else. You just look at me. You got this."

The rest was history.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:10 pm I sincerely hope so.
There's been some discussion on other boards about yesterday's outing and whether she should just come in as a relief pitcher today.
But here's my take--and I'm probably alone on this.
I would like to see her start again today. She had a bit of a shaky start yesterday, but finally was able to get control of herself and I thought pitched rather well.
It made me remember something from last year....I'm pretty sure I read this or maybe it was a post game interview...but I'm recalling what Elam said to Trautwein first time going to Hall of Fame Stadium, and I hope Hansen said something similar to Deal, maybe she did--I don't know.
But when Elam saw Trautwein's eyes look like saucers, she moseyed out to the circle and said something to the effect: " Okay....take a look around at the crowd. One look. Take it all in. Now....from here on--- you look at me, no place else. You just look at me. You got this."

The rest was history.
Somehow I missed the story about Elam and Trautwein last season.

Thank you for sharing.....
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

AND - I hope that Deal starts again today against Weber State.