Audry Davis is one of ESPN's top 5 gymnasts to keep an eye on

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OU_Tom

Audry Davis is one of ESPN's top 5 gymnasts to keep an eye on

Post by OU_Tom »

::rice2:: :dude:
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

She's always been stellar on bars. She upped her game this year on beam and floor. I was impressed. On vault, she had a stretch in the first half of the season where she was doing really well, but then faded down the stretch.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

So I will ask.

Is Jordan Bowers and Faith Torrez already being watched?
Even Danielle Sievers competes in three events just like Davis.

This team has tons of talent returning with very strong freshman joining in August.

KJ Kindler has it going on !
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Faith should definitely be followed. She was amazingly consistent on floor. Only one score all year that wasn't a 9.925 or 9.950.

Jordan is already a known quantity. Her improvement from freshman to sophomore catapulted her to one of the best in the country.

I've also been really impressed with Dani's improvement from freshman to sophomore.

Those 3 will be the foundation of the team in 2 years. Next year, Ragan Smith, Audrey Davis, and Kat LaVasseur will be right there with them. Also Danae Fletcher.

Of the gymnasts coming in next year (Caitlin Smith, Hannah Scheible, Addison Fatta, Keira Wells), I've really only heard about Addison Fatta. She's coming in with National Team experience.
https://soonersports.com/news/2022/11/9 ... r-for-2023
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

BTW, Davis competed in the All-Around in 10 of the 16 meets, so I wouldn't categorize her as a 3 event gymnast. She normally does all 4.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:17 am BTW, Davis competed in the All-Around in 10 of the 16 meets, so I wouldn't categorize her as a 3 event gymnast. She normally does all 4.
Your point is well-made.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Another thing I was peeved at ABC - the extended celebration of Trinity on her 10 and then the anticipation of her bars routine, meant we completely missed the beam and floor for Jordan, both of which were over 9.0.

I normally would have been in the stream side, but was having stream issues to my tv and the iPad was dedicated to softball, so I was forced to just watch the abc feed. I have since watched the performances that I missed, so all good.