WCWS Day 1 Stanford vs Sooners Game Thread

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

That was a tough one. Sooners have played the last 3 games against stellar, top-tier pitchers.......That has to bode well moving forward.
White River

Post by White River »

I'll feel a lot better if we can get 25 hits against Tennessee! Canady pitched very well and the Sooner's had a hard time solving what she was doing.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Wow, a hard-earned win today, great game by Bahl, but special kudos to Canady, she pitched a helluva game against OU!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

White River wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:59 pm I'll feel a lot better if we can get 25 hits against Tennessee! Canady pitched very well and the Sooner's had a hard time solving what she was doing.
Seriously - Canady is a very good pitcher. I think Stanford will beat Alabama pretty easily, so we may see Stanford again. Our next focus is definitely going to be on Tennessee and I don't think they have the same level of pitching that we have just seen with Cagle and Canady.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:56 pm That was a tough one. Sooners have played the last 3 games against stellar, top-tier pitchers.......That has to bode well moving forward.

Yeah, I don't wanna see our team have to face her again, she is damn good. Just a freshman, she has a really bright future. Highly unlikely that she will win any World Series hardware at Stanford, though ... Maybe she should hit the portal, I am sure that OU would offer her! :)
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
DartmouthSooner

Post by DartmouthSooner »

Stanford pitcher was really good. Got to give respect where it is earned.

Great game today.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

It’s an echo, but MAN - Canady was really strong. She’s going to be a beast for the next 3 years. Really good. Stanford needs some bats though.
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Or she can go to the portal and win with OU next year. Unlikely, since if she was my daughter, I would keep her at Stanford, and I’m a Sooners.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

MNSooner wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:31 pm Or she can go to the portal and win with OU next year. Unlikely, since if she was my daughter, I would keep her at Stanford, and I’m a Sooners.
Yeah - the Stanford degree will probably keep her there. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw some players maybe transferring TO Stanford to play with her. But she is definitely going to be the pitcher to watch over the next few years.
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

Hey, I like Canady too, but doesn't Staroko throw basically the same pitch, the high riser, that took her to 16 or so wins this year?

Who gets the start against Tennessee? :confusedplus:
Last edited by Oklahombre on Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Well....May could start I guess.....but Donihoo and Puni took batting practice against her all year their freshman year, so I'm going to guess Storako. If she gets in trouble, may see Bahl back out there again.
aka Crimson47
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

It has to be Jordy again, just like it was Hope last year. The TN game is too important. You play your ace. When you move on, May/Storako can start in the semi.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

MNSooner wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:12 pm It has to be Jordy again, just like it was Hope last year. The TN game is too important. You play your ace. When you move on, May/Storako can start in the semi.
Agree, this means you are only team in bracket without a loss and get extra rest.
In Brent I Trust :D
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Oklahombre wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:09 pm Hey, I like her too(Storako), but doesn't Staroka (sp) throw basically the same pitch, the high riser, that took her to 16 or so wins this year?

Who gets the start against Tennessee? :confusedplus:
Canady has Page Lowary type velocity...or more! I don't think anyone else in softball right now throws that hard.