You May Want to Hold on to Your Hats - Lots of Rumors about OU Softball

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I appreciate everything she did for the Sooners. She seems like a fine young lady.

That being said, you are either for us or against us.

I hope they send Nebraska to the Norman Regional and we beat her.
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

We see in the photos Jordy standing with a bat. I'm not saying it was a big factor in her decision, but it might have been a factor, her not getting much playing time beyond pitching. I think she's always wanted to play softball fully, in the field, at bat. At Nebraska, she'll be in the lineup for each game and playing somewhere.
EMan

Post by EMan »

I'll always appreciate what she gave and did for OU and I wish her well. I really wish it had worked out for her in Norman, but I certainly understand that you gotta do what's best for you. However, as Switzer said, "We want you to play at Oklahoma, but we're gonna win championships with or without you." The Sooners withstood the loss of Alo, they'll survive the loss of Bahl. Next woman up!
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

She looks really happy in that Nebbie uni. She must have dyed her hair red or maybe that's her real color but it matches the uni. I, for one, liked her her as dishwater blonde.....
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

SoonerTony wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:32 pm I appreciate everything she did for the Sooners. She seems like a fine young lady.

glad to know I'm not the only one. In addition I would add that Jordy is being looked at by Corn Nation as THE ONE to lead them to the promised land . Talk about pressure and she will have to bear that without the nation's best offense and defense to support her .
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I know in this day and age it seems strange, but I truly believe she was homesick. Her Dad is a firefighter and has roots there. She has other family members and they all play sports and all are in Neb. She has a foundation in Neb. She mentioned wanting to help softball in neb and how its fallen so to speak. Her boyfriend plays baseball there. She was originally committed there.

I think since we won title and she was MVP, she had nothing else to prove here other than chasing more titles. I think she looks at her whole family in Neb establishing their lasting legacies and she wants to do the same in Neb. The pressure that OU was under was huge and now she won’t have that. And OU has so many good players it kept Jordy from batting - not because other batters were better - but to keep players you have to get them playing time. Had Jordy batted then someone else doesn’t. And I think prior poster is right, she wants to pitch and bat. And bat every game, so take a position when not pitching. Neb isn’t good like OU so she can do all that there.

I have no problem with her going home and trying to help raise softball stature in Neb towns. She was awesome and helped us to a few titles. And now she is happy. And she can now help Neb get better at softball. What she did is way better than going to another school for money or glory. She just wants to rep where she grew up and I have to take my hat off to her making such a tough decision. Wish her well.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

waddy's ghost wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:44 am
SoonerTony wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:32 pm I appreciate everything she did for the Sooners. She seems like a fine young lady.

glad to know I'm not the only one. In addition I would add that Jordy is being looked at by Corn Nation as THE ONE to lead them to the promised land . Talk about pressure and she will have to bear that without the nation's best offense and defense to support her .
See, I look at it differently. She and OU had more pressure than possible this year snd especially as the win streak got bigger. There are no higher expectations than what OU went through.

Neb is not a title contender even next year. There is no national pressure like OU had. She will improve them and get other recruits to go or consider Neb. But no way will she have even close to the pressure she had at OU.

I think she will be fine and ok with losing games. I mean, no one likes losing but in the sense of press and title pressure - she knows they are not title contenders but will be vastly improved. And they will have sell outs. And in her eyes thats helpimg to grow the sport where she grew up. Paying back the uncommitting from Neb to go to OU. I think she is truly happy now and content with improving Neb.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I am totally happy for her but I have a sinking feeling she will quickly learn how hard it is to win. At OU she had every advantage (other ace pitchers, amazing offense and defense). I'm not saying Nebraska can't make a Stanford like run - but I think she will have more pressure than realized by going to a program that doesn't have the built in advantages OU has. Did she perhaps take that for granted a bit? Hopefully not, and maybe she honestly doesn't care about that and if Nebraska improves and maybe even wins the Big10 that will be good enough for Husker Nation, but I am hopeful that she doesn't come to a hard realization that she was really at an elite level at OU and I don't think even with her outstanding pitching Nebraska is going to be getting to that level any time soon.
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Young love trumps all :)
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

MNSooner wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:34 pm Young love trumps all :)
If there is anyone to blame its our baseball coach for not getting her boyfriend to OU. (This is a joke just in case anyone was wonderkng)
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The Jordy effect is remarkable.

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

TN Sooner wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:36 pm The Jordy effect is remarkable.

If this keeps up, they may get new softball facilities before she leaves there in 2 years.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Nothing against Jordy, but I really don't think that the demand for tickets now in Nebbieland would be happening IF Jordy would have fulfilled her original commitment to Big Red. Her time as a Sooner was well spent for her now new Nebbie career......just saying.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Here's Jordy's thoughts behind the move.....
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

I'm thinking you can pretty much count on it.
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

Yes we can pretty count on the committee sending neb to Norman next year. And also count on them throwing Canady at us again, and also making us go through the top pitchers gauntlet again.