Post by RussC »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Breathing into a paper sack rn
#Mentally In Portal
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

RussC wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:43 pm Breathing into a paper sack rn
Lol

I have read all year that this class could even top last years. Lots of work to do but man there are some bigtime recruits potentially lining up in OU’s favor. We won’t get em all but there are some game changing possibilities
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Article from Josh M (the first to CB him to OU)

New Sooners Prediction In: Taylor Tatum
Josh McCuistion

about 1 hour

Since Friday Oklahoma has had 27 official visitors on campus. The Sooners have already landed two commitments from those visits and it feels more momentum is building. The latest prediction for the Sooners 2024 class was for the nation’s No. 1 running back, Taylor Tatum, to choose the Sooners.

Coming into the weekend there was considerable momentum for USC following his June 9 visit to Los Angeles. Tatum followed that with a Norman trip over the weekend and the Sooners seem to have turned the tide.

“Getting out to Oklahoma, I got an East Texas vibe,” Tatum told On3‘s Sam Spiegelman. “It’s a good college town, it’s not a lot but a good experience with the people. And you can tell it’s a good college town.”

Oklahoma’s confidence in recruiting the nation’s No. 37 prospect was tied, at least partially, to his and his family’s relationship with Demarco Murray.

“I could definitely see myself there,” he said in the same interview. “I’m comfortable out there. Coach Murray and I talk every day — ever since he offered me. That relationship with him is great and he’s dang-near best friends with my dad. The mentality he had struck my interest.”

But the secret weapon, and a big part of this prediction, is based on Oklahoma baseball’s long-term relationship with Tatum. The two staffs presented a similar plan to the one they used with Kyler Murray during his career in Norman.

With two new Sooners predictions, Oklahoma has taken the Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) lead. The Trojans, who previously led, currently trail Oklahoma’s 60.4-percent likelihood in landing Tatum.

https://www.on3.com/teams/oklahoma-soon ... champubbq/
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

His version of Yamaha

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Some more on USC and Tatum. Seems the crowd is getting restless out west:

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

And how are things across the red river (tx always gets recruits though so thats never a problem for them)

Brisket

Post by Brisket »

OU Guy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:49 pm
I have read all year that this class could even top last years. Lots of work to do but man there are some bigtime recruits potentially lining up in OU’s favor. We won’t get em all but there are some game changing possibilities
In this "wild west" era of unlimited & unregulated NIL, annual portal hopping, and tampering by every team's coaching staff, it's really hard to justify getting excited about recruiting. I appreciate BV's recruiting & commitment philosophy, and it may ultimately result in fewer transfers/de-commitments. However, as we have seen over & over again the past couple of recruiting cycles, if a team with deep pockets really decides to target a specific player & goes after them with NIL $$$, then they will get that player's signature no matter how "committed" they may have been to a prior school or how great their relationship was with a prior coach/staff. The ONLY thing that beats a girlfriend/nookie or momma in recruiting is money.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This is what makes the Tatum news so real. LR tries to be too smart.

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Jayden Jackson’s Mom

RussC

Post by RussC »

Brisket wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:35 am
OU Guy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:49 pm
In this "wild west" era of unlimited & unregulated NIL, annual portal hopping, and tampering by every team's coaching staff, it's really hard to justify getting excited about recruiting. I appreciate BV's recruiting & commitment philosophy, and it may ultimately result in fewer transfers/de-commitments. However, as we have seen over & over again the past couple of recruiting cycles, if a team with deep pockets really decides to target a specific player & goes after them with NIL $$$, then they will get that player's signature no matter how "committed" they may have been to a prior school or how great their relationship was with a prior coach/staff. The ONLY thing that beats a girlfriend/nookie or momma in recruiting is money.
I hear you. And you’re not wrong. It is (could/will be) fun to observe LR recruiting struggles at USC at least
#Mentally In Portal
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

What position? Are we interested?
RussC

Post by RussC »

Oklahombre wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:13 pm What position? Are we interested?
https://247sports.com/player/hunter-moddon-46111530/
#Mentally In Portal
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

Thanks RussC. I went looking on the horn site. Apparently they just got pledges from a top 100 WR and DB today. I wonder if that had something to do with it. :confusedplus:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Reading his twitter feed and going backwards he doesn’t seem content. He was takikg visits even while committed so he might be one to avoid? I could be wrong too but in his post he didn’t say anything avout thanking Tx but did put “Texas Decommitted”. Even though its fun to make fun of the shorthorns that seems a bit vimdictive and may not go over well with other programs. No one wants a troublemaker and someone who needs too much extra nurturing. So it will be interesting to see what happens. Any new team who takes him could lose him to portal if he isn’t happy. And any team wouldn’t want him to do same think to their program (to make look bad)