Joseph Jonah-Ajonye commits to Georgia

soonerindallas

Joseph Jonah-Ajonye commits to Georgia

Post by soonerindallas »

Same song, 30th verse. Can't compete in the SEC if we don't start getting elite linemen.
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

It’s hard to win recruiting battles against the 2-time defending national champs. Especially when we are coming off a losing record, with 7 losses in our last 10 games.

Also, like it or not, OU has a reputation for playing bad defense. You can bet opposing coaches are bringing that up when talking to recruits.

OU overall has maintained good recruiting momentum but it is vitally important to have a successful season on the field this year. Another 6-7 or similar record would be disastrous for recruiting.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

When he said Georgia was his dream school and took his official visit to Athens, it was all over but the crying. From that point forward, we were just a hat on the table.

The only thing that will improve our recruiting now, is winning. The coaching staff personalities are known, the offers continue to be made, but now comes performance to back up the "pitch" being made to potential recruits. IF, we beat the teams we play, we will begin getting a larger majority of the recruits we want.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I don't follow recruiting that much, but all I have seen were comments on David and William. Joseph, not so much. Makes me think they knew he was Georgia's early on and they focused on better chances.