starting a new trend

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Vet

starting a new trend

Post by Vet »

Well im glad we are out of the Big12 the officiating has been horrible for a few years now. However Lebby is a problem that will follow us to the SEC time to start shopping for a new OC

#firelebby.
Raul

Post by Raul »

Ref no-call was total schnikey, but Lebby has to pick up his game. Both losses are his. The boy has some public s’plaining to do!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I just hope if they do that JA sticks around
In Brent I Trust :D
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

I dunno man. No OC is going to call a perfect game and if this game is called straight up by the refs, OU wins by more than 2 TDs as is (in a game OU was only favored by 5.5). I don’t know that I’d pin this one on Lebby (though he certainly owns last week’s loss).
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
pippen

Post by pippen »

Raul wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:28 pm Ref no-call was total schnikey, but Lebby has to pick up his game. Both losses are his. The boy has some public s’plaining to do!
"Sorry everybody, I took the points again"
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

:BV: :BV:
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Fly

Post by Fly »

Maybe I,m missing something concerning Lebby play calling in this game. Okie state has had maybe the best run stop defense in the
Big 12 of late. Considering we have not had the great running backs as in the past, I did not think we did that bad today?

🪰Fly :ou: :BV:

https://www.covers.com/sport/football/n ... ore/286129
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

Fly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:14 pm Maybe I,m missing something concerning Lebby play calling in this game. Okie state has had maybe the best run stop defense in the
Big 12 of late. Considering we have not had the great running backs as in the past, I did not think we did that bad today?

I agree. I've noticed here and elsewhere a lot of blame is being placed on Lebby. I've been critical of Lebby's playcalling in the past but I didn't think it was all that bad today... I mean, not perfect... we can always nitpick if we want I guess but it's never going go be 'perfect'. In any case, whatever you want to say about play calling, game management, or player execution, if this game is called fair by the refs, OU wins by more than 2 TDs. It wasn't just one call. It was a string of them. This was not a close game without the bizarre calls.

At the end of the day, the coaching staff and the players put together a game that should have won easily.
RussC

Post by RussC »

Defense played poorly as well.
#Mentally In Portal
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

RussC wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:22 pm Defense played poorly as well.
It wasn't as bad as a MS defense but I was reminded at times of MS defenses by the diving at feet and not wrapping up.

Still played well enough if not for the bizarre string of ref fraud.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Rough Rider wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:19 pm
Fly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:14 pm Maybe I,m missing something concerning Lebby play calling in this game. Okie state has had maybe the best run stop defense in the

I agree. I've noticed here and elsewhere a lot of blame is being placed on Lebby. I've been critical of Lebby's playcalling in the past but I didn't think it was all that bad today... I mean, not perfect... we can always nitpick if we want I guess but it's never going go be 'perfect'. In any case, whatever you want to say about play calling, game management, or player execution, if this game is called fair by the refs, OU wins by more than 2 TDs. It wasn't just one call. It was a string of them. This was not a close game without the bizarre calls.

At the end of the day, the coaching staff and the players put together a game that should have won easily.
Our O never gave D a break. D got stops (2 4th down stuffs and INT) and our O threw it away.

TOP was 37:23 to 22:47. 15 more minutes our D was on field. They gave O plenty of chances. No complimentary football.
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:31 pm
Rough Rider wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:19 pm

Our O never gave D a break. D got stops (2 4th down stuffs and INT) and our O threw it away.

TOP was 37:23 to 22:47. 15 more minutes our D was on field. They gave O plenty of chances. No complimentary football.
The TOP would have been significantly different if the game was called straight by the refs. There was a lot of crap that went down to give OSU the win. A lot.

But I'll agree with you if you want to confine the TOP to the first half. That was just trash and the refs hadn't really stepped in yet. Even with that first half, when combined with the second half, a fair game, OU wins by more than 2 TDs.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Rough Rider wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:36 pm I dunno man. No OC is going to call a perfect game and if this game is called straight up by the refs, OU wins by more than 2 TDs as is (in a game OU was only favored by 5.5). I don’t know that I’d pin this one on Lebby (though he certainly owns last week’s loss).
Lebby's play calling is indeed mysterious, but we were bu*t-fu**ed by the refs in both of the last 2 games(not to mention SO MANY other times)!

I may be paranoid, but I've got damn good reason to be!

This sh*t has gone on A LOT since at least the Barry Switzer years, but it has descended to new lows this year. :smokingmad:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Raul

Post by Raul »

My specific beef with Lebby’s performance today was after BBowman’s interception we had a perfect chance to step on their necks and secure the W. Then Lebby, again like last week, cowered and pulled his turtle head back into his turtle shell with super conservative calls, yielding a predictable failed drive.
At this point I wonder what it will take for him to be able to confidently seize the moment, instead of running from it. Hopefully this comes soon.