Grinch has been fired

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
paboomersooner

Grinch has been fired

Post by paboomersooner »

Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

Welp...looks like Liely has his scapegoat for this season. Wonder who it will be for next?
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

The condoms are thinking they will take the Ducks down now that Grinch is fired.......they do live in the land of make believe!
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:32 pm The condoms are thinking they will take the Ducks down now that Grinch is fired.......they do live in the land of make believe!
Do they know they will probably be getting interim DC "Ruffin McNeal" to the rescue? :D
SD-OU

Post by SD-OU »

This is the Liars first 3 loss regular season. Someone had to pay. Feel bad for him. Not!!!
captnop

Post by captnop »

Don't want to be a butthead .. will Lebby fired if we loose to WVU ??
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

"Yes"
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

If only he had done this about 4-5 years ago.
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

The Muleshoe Snake has already lost 6 games at USC, It h e only lost 10 games in 5 years at OU . I thought he was at the pinnacle of college football in LA . Wonder WTF happened ? :boohoo:
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

captnop wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 pm Don't want to be a butthead .. will Lebby fired if we loose to WVU ??
I doubt it. But I do think he will be “encouraged” to move on after the season. I think he really stepped in it with Joe C. over that whole Briles thing.
Raul

Post by Raul »

I’m hearing what may be just be a wild rumor, but from multiple extremely reliable sources:

With Grinch showing off-the-chart abilities at making offenses look all-world, he will soon be named as our next OC.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I never want to see anyone get fired, except for one exception that I won't go into here. I do feel for Grinch even though he was over his head.

Now for USC fans, this is great news. If they get a DC that is of mid-range quality they will be a threat moving forward. Not sure how the B10 will impact who they get but they could be dangerous with snake oil running the offense.
You shall not pass
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Can we afford an NFL OC? That would help…
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Their problem is a 2 year fix if not longer. A new DC can make some difference true. But he is playing with Grinches players who are not big or tough. They are fast but undersized amd not good. It will take a few years to get his players in.

Meantime the conditioning coach is still there (Wylie). He is a yoga coach. You can have all the right players but without conditioning they will be soft as butter.

And the biggest problem is the person in charge. He is afraid to make big decisions. I read that it was forced on him by admin who was told by their biggest donors no more money if he stays. Cannot validate that info but if true it does not surprise me.

It does make me wonder now, if OU tried to force or push him to fire Grinch. Then things at least make sense. LiaR says no and behind their back works out a deal with usc and takes Grinch with him to prove a point. And takes CW too, to rub it in. Based on the coldness between OU/LiaR that at least makes sense.

And if the above about OU is true (pure speculation) then now he’s in a pickle and will feel angry if forced. If I was usc I’d watch my back and start having a short list of HC’s.

Thing is he loses CW next year and his O will take a hit. Unless he gets another top portal qb. Even then, CW win them a lot of games alone. It will be interesting to see how LiaR handles things going forward if hos hands were tied
In Brent I Trust :D
Fly

Post by Fly »

Well I watched that game & must comment. You guys know how I feel about muleshoe. I can say sc offense did look much better
yesterday. Play calling was much better. But remember he hired his ole Texas Tec buddy & I think that had a lot to do with that.
I must admit Grinches defense looked horrible. Can they get it ready for The big O I dought that. He has some great talent on the
Running back side, I mean really good. Caleb played maybe his best game Saturday. I would think it is a little to late in the season
In revamping the at this point.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Last edited by Fly on Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.