Lebby's last year?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
paboomersooner

Lebby's last year?

Post by paboomersooner »

This is from a guy named Timothy Bailey. He admins a college football page on Fakebook and does a show or podcast called "The Tim Bailey Show". Says he's an OU fan.

"According to sources I spoke to tonight, at the end of the season Oklahoma and OC Jeff Lebby are likely to go their separate ways.

Lebby is an excellent OC, and will have opportunities elsewhere and has been offered interviews for HC positions at several group of 5 schools.

If this trend continues, expect the name Seth Litrell, former Oklahoma letterman, and captain on the 2000 national title team to be the first name to watch for the position.

Litrell, led offenses at Indiana and North Carolina before taking over as head coach at North Texas."
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I'll believe it when I see it.......but if it does come to pass--what's everyone's confidence level that Arnold stays?
aka Crimson47
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Yeah - not sure who this guy is but he may just be reflecting all the message board noise from the past week plus. At the same time the Briles incident was pretty weird. Lebby is super obstinate at first. Joe C makes it clear he is pissed and this was discussed prior to the season. Dean "over reacting usually knows nothing" Blevins comes out and acts like it is a done deal that Lebby is going to be fired. Next day Lebby acts contrite and all is pushed under the rug. Maybe it was discussed and decided then that Lebby would finish out the year and leave on good terms to make everyone keep the appearance of professionalism. Wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen I suppose.
Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:05 pm I'll believe it when I see it.......but if it does come to pass--what's everyone's confidence level that Arnold stays?
Arnold is staying. I think the fear of him leaving if the King of Jet Sweeps leaves is exaggerated.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Up North Sooner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:35 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:05 pm I'll believe it when I see it.......but if it does come to pass--what's everyone's confidence level that Arnold stays?
Arnold is staying. I think the fear of him leaving if the King of Jet Sweeps leaves is exaggerated.
Agreed - surely he has developed enough relationships with the other players and coaches and realizes that if there is any change in the OC it will be to a good one and he is in line to take the reigns. He can also learn alot from Caleb Williams - had he stayed there is no question OU wins a ton more games last year (maybe even contends with TCU for the Big 12 title and a playoff birth then) - and then he has another great year this year with an easy schedule to lead right into the Big 12 CCG and possible playoffs. Maybe even the 2x heisman is still in play.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Up North Sooner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:35 pm
I think so too ,,,,hope we are right .
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

If there is any speak of Jeff leaving, I hope Brent will have a sit down conversation with Jackson to get his input and/or buy in. Usually, I wouldn't want input from the subordinates, but Jackson is so important to our future, he needs to be norished.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

AllSooner, what is involved when someone is norished?(not sure we want to do that)
paboomersooner

Post by paboomersooner »

For what it's worth, Bailey says JA is locked in.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Did Bailey know that STInkin had committed to usc months before STInkin announced ???

If not then I don’t believe this about Lebby leaving …
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

inconnu wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:44 am AllSooner, what is involved when someone is norished?(not sure we want to do that)
I'm sorry.....I left u out. "maintained and supported"

ps: as the old saying goes......"Thanks, I needed that!"
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Was Lebby play calling like this at Ole Miss????? I dont think so but TBH i didnt really look into it…..
SoonerinLA

Post by SoonerinLA »

There is a lot of season left. If win win the next three plus a bowl I think Lebby stays. I believe he will be judged by his performance. The Briles visit was maddening but not a fireable offense imho. We knew he was Briles' son in law when we hired him.
:horns:
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Never heard of this Bailey character, but I went back & looked at Littrell's career as an OC at AZ (2010 & 2011), IN (2012 & 2013), and NC (2014-2015). A couple of things stand out:
  • It was interesting to see the evolution of his offenses. He started out as a disciple of the Mike Leach spread offense. His 2 years at AZ were marked by top 10 passing offenses, but very little rushing. When he got to IN under Kevin Wilson, that began to change. His first year there (2012), the offense was similar to what he did at AZ - 17th ranked passing offense, 87th ranked rush offense. The 2nd year, however, saw a radical change - 18th ranked passing O, 30th ranked rushing O.
    They also were ranked top 10 in total yards/game & 17th in points/game. You saw a similar progression when we was at UNC under Larry Fedora. 1st year was passing dominant. 2nd year was much more balanced & led to one of the best offenses in UNC history - ranked 9th in pts/game; 18th in total yards/game.
  • I did read that for the 2020 season at UNT, after Graham Harrell left Denton to go to USC, Littrell changed the offense from the traditional air raid to the Briles Veer & Shoot. Again, successful results. 2020 saw a top 10 offense in total yards/game & 23rd in points/game. 2021 saw some regression, but rebounded in his last season in 2022 - 21st in total yards/game & 28th in points/game. If a change is eventually made after the season, any transition between Lebby & (potentially) Littrell would seem to be as smooth as realistically possible.