not sure if this has been posted but....

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Fly

Post by Fly »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Dang Joe I forgot how old you have gotten. Are you getting grey headed yet🤔 hummmmmmmm?

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: 😂
JoeSooner

Post by JoeSooner »

Fly wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:26 am Dang Joe I forgot how old you have gotten. Are you getting grey headed yet🤔 hummmmmmmm?

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: 😂
Gray headed and mostly bald! I don't have your superior genetics
I make big plays in big games, that's all.
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

I haven’t attended a night game since they started doing this but it sure looks annoying on the TV. Not as annoying as the alt uniforms, at least on TV. But the first game I saw them do it on the TV the first thing I thought of was how disorienting it must be in person and that it might be a safety issue but I was thinking more about fans that might be moving up or down the stairs or coming out of tunnels etc. After Saturday’s ruckus in the dark, I now think it’s a safety issue for those on the field.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
pippen

Post by pippen »

JoeSooner wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 am I was setting pretty low in the North end zone, so maybe it's louder higher up, but I was thinking the crowd seemed very quiet most of the game, like being in a big movie theatre instead of a must-win conference game.
Not much point in yelling when the scoreboard is blaring noise right up until the snap (and sometimes beyond - I can't believe the Big XII hasn't flagged us for that on several occasions this year).
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I know it sounds weird but in person they are not blinded as much as you see on TV. Cameras do strange things with lights but for example the refs could still see all the activity after that TD. They threw flags yet never gave any punishment.

Here is film of the flags flying

In Brent I Trust :D