How would you like to vacation in San Antonia Texas?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
walt

How would you like to vacation in San Antonia Texas?

Post by walt »

The projection for OU is the Alamo Game against Arizona. That wouldn't be a bad game as playing in San Antonio, Tex would get some South Texas fans to watch the OU play and get away with a win. Arizona is a beatable game.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

I’d be ok with this, but still holding out hope for something better. Sooners gotta win out and hope for some help.
SoonerinLA

Post by SoonerinLA »

I would be good with this game and would attend in person. I was at the game in Tucson where Arizona beat us. I've been wanting to play them again ever since.
:horns:
pippen

Post by pippen »

SoonerinLA wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:31 am I would be good with this game and would attend in person. I was at the game in Tucson where Arizona beat us. I've been wanting to play them again ever since.
Yes.
Fly

Post by Fly »

That’s something that might be fun !

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: .
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Alamo game is a good bowl. But I would rather play an SEC team in a bowl I don’t know who it could be but I think there is one or 2 bowls that match big twelve versus sec….

I wouldn’t mind playing Washington in the Alamo

Just looked Fiesta Peach and Cotton are at large bowls picked by playoff committee, if we could move ahead of Mississippi or penn state or Washington maybe we get one of those bowls We would need to curb stomp TCU to have a chance otherwise it looks like Alamo is it
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Do the condoms have a chance to get to the Alamo? If so, it's the Alamo for me!
RussC

Post by RussC »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:39 am Do the condoms have a chance to get to the Alamo? If so, it's the Alamo for me!
Some project USC to the Vegas Bowl.

Andy Yamashita of the Las Vegas Review-Journal cited the Illinois Fighting Illini as a potential opponent last week. Illinois is 5-6 following a loss to Iowa on Saturday, so that outcome would require a Week 12 victory over 6-5 Northwestern.
#Mentally In Portal
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

RussC wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:57 am
AllSooner wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:39 am Do the condoms have a chance to get to the Alamo? If so, it's the Alamo for me!

Andy Yamashita of the Las Vegas Review-Journal cited the Illinois Fighting Illini as a potential opponent last week. Illinois is 5-6 following a loss to Iowa on Saturday, so that outcome would require a Week 12 victory over 6-5 Northwestern.
Russ, I'm not sure the condoms could beat a 5-7 Illinois team. But maybe a 7-5 Northwestern team gets the nod instead. I'd love for a 6-6 team from anywhere to show up and beat the snot out of the condoms though.

and after the presumed loss to Washington next week.....what are the odds that Caleb sits out the bowl game to prepare for the draft???
aka Crimson47
captnop

Post by captnop »

I seriously doubt Williams will be playing. So who is the condoms 2nd String QB?
RussC

Post by RussC »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:04 am

Russ, I'm not sure the condoms could beat a 5-7 Illinois team. But maybe a 7-5 Northwestern team gets the nod instead. I'd love for a 6-6 team from anywhere to show up and beat the snot out of the condoms though.

and after the presumed loss to Washington next week.....what are the odds that Caleb sits out the bowl game to prepare for the draft???
USC likely headed to boring dud of a bowl game.

They have completed their regular season at 7-5, so it’s possible that Carl’s Jr. has played his last game in a Trojan (uniform).
#Mentally In Portal
captnop

Post by captnop »

I gotta think who ever ( bowl game) will at least LOOK at trying to get USC .. The build up and drama would sell tickets. Every Sooner fan would try to get tickets to the game. It might be boring to watch OU pound USC with their 2nd String QB, who cares I'd go. It's probably not feasible, but in the era of WWE, I bet bowl people are looking at it and at least thinking about it.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:04 am

Uscw season is done other than bowl game. They already lost to Wash. Finished with 3 game losing streak but should have lost their last 7 games. Went 2-5 in last 7. The 2 wins were Zona in 3 OTs and Cal they won 50-49 when Cal went for 2 vice 1 at end of regulation and missed. Honestly should have finished 5-7 if you flip those 2 games. The opposing coaches made dumb decisions.

My guess is CW shuts it down. Watched the ending and after game for a change CW shook hands with opponents (likely for show). But then he went to many staff and hugged it out. To me it seemed he was saying his goodbyes. Could be wrong though.
In Brent I Trust :D
BigIslandSooner

Post by BigIslandSooner »

I was hoping to play USC anywhere, but they "Rileyied" their way out of that opportunity to get a Sooner rear whoopin'.
Jack Mildren is why I always wore #11
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Wow! Where was I three weeks ago?? One long nap I guess....
Yep--all done.
2nd and 3rd strings:
R So Miller Moss 23/32 309yds 1 TD and 0 Int played in 4 games this year
Behind him is Fr Malaci Nelson 1/3 0 yds 0 TD and 0 int. Played in 1 games this year.

Waiting for Caleb to say adios and then let the fun begin for the bowl game!
aka Crimson47