Cayden Green news from Gabe and Teddy

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
paboomersooner

Cayden Green news from Gabe and Teddy

Post by paboomersooner »

Found this on Fakebook.

Listening to Gabe and Teddy on the lastest Oklahoma Breakdown podcast talk about the Cayden situation is really interesting. Cayden basically guided by his father and his agent told the Oklahoma NIL collective that they needed to get to “X” amount of money to keep him and they got there after talking it over even sent Cayden and his father the contract with “X” amount of money on it. Cayden then the next day jumps in the portal and is seen by a staff member pushing a cart of his belongings and is asked by staff member what is going on and Cayden response was “you’ll have to ask my dad”

Gabe also went on to say that the “X” amount of money Oklahoma NIL collective offered Green would of made him the highest paid Guard in college football. #Sooners
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

Reading between the lines that sounds like someone offered his Dad a pile of money.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

As a slight comparison, back in my high school days (60+ years ago), I worked for local farmers driving tractors. I told one farmer I would work for him one summer, then another farmer came along and offered me more money to drive his tractor. My dad told me in no uncertain words......you will honor your word and stay with the man you promised to work for. My dad believed that a man's word means everything and if you break it, it will certainly be lost forever. I've tried to live by that code throughout my life. Times have certainly changed!
Last edited by AllSooner on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Ya it,s always dad is looking out for my boy. Look what dads advice did to Caleb? He could have been only the second Heisman two
time winner if he had stayed at OU. Now dad,s dictating what NFL teams he will go to, as wanting a share of the team he signs with.
Let’s see where ole Dad gets him in the future?

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
captnop

Post by captnop »

These 'Dads' are NOT looking out for their kids. They are using their kids to line their own pockets.
BrngBkLilRed

Post by BrngBkLilRed »

He seemed to be a talented kid as a freshman, that said the idea of making him the highest paid Guard in college football is ludicrous. aTm opened up the purse strings and bought themselves a football team (they thought), what they bought was a pack of mercenaries that went 7/5 and will likely end up 7/6. Football is a game with a lot of emotion and I don't think you can buy that. I'm old and I have old ideas but I wouldn't have the kid back if he offered to play for free, if he asked why I'd tell him to ask his dad.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

REad this morning that CG asked OU for a certain amonut of $$$.THey thught about it,discussed it and came to the decision that "OK" we can do that.The next day before practice CG was spotted loading his stuff and someone asked "Where you Goin"? CG responded"Ask my Dad"Let him go.We dont need that ;if True!
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Charliedontsurf

Post by Charliedontsurf »

Twitter says ducks keep upping the $$$$$. Looks like pay back for Bowens. I guess DG wasn't enough.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Well Oregon has moola…..but Oregon has ZERO national championships……..Oklahoma has 3 times the number of first round draft picks than Oregon

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice: :rice: :BV: :BV:
Last edited by Zgeo on Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoSooner2

Post by MoSooner2 »

Current discussion says DG was the go-between for Oregon and Cayden.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

The Ducks have one thing over the Aggies......the Ducks actually have a coach. If the Ducks are "buying" players, look for them to get their money's worth. Looks like the Ducks will arrive before the condoms in B1G competition.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

MoSooner2 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:22 pm Current discussion says DG was the go-between for Oregon and Cayden.
If true DG is forever on my excrement list .
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

waddy's ghost wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:48 pm
MoSooner2 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:22 pm Current discussion says DG was the go-between for Oregon and Cayden.
If true DG is forever on my excrement list .
IMO it's difficult to decide a turning point(re what DG does or should do to protect OU). First consideration might be knowing the nature of how DG performed as a "go between".

Something that would concern me if i was to be a quarterback on any team, is how much protection am I going to get from the OL. He has opinions about how good Green is at doing that. DG is/was in the position of practically HAVING TO transfer. Shouldn't he try to do what he could to insure his safety and effectiveness?
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
JoeSooner

Post by JoeSooner »

Sound like they offered him top LG money, but dad wanted top LT money, and he hasn't earned that, even if they moved him to tackle.
I make big plays in big games, that's all.