Wildcat message board...link

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Oklahombre

Wildcat message board...link

Post by Oklahombre »

Not a lot of discussion but here's one thread. One guy is trashing us and another setting him straight. I think they will be surprised (at least the fans) by Jackson Arnold.

https://beardownu.com/index.php?topic=14060.0
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

Oklahombre wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:22 pm Not a lot of discussion but here's one thread. One guy is trashing us and another setting him straight. I think they will be surprised (at least the fans) by Jackson Arnold.

https://beardownu.com/index.php?topic=14060.0
Wow!
I hope their team comes into this game with the same mindset as their fanbase.
Fly

Post by Fly »

I think that funny. When did there become such a force in football? That freshman QB may have them going back home with there
tails between there legs. You got to love that.🙄🤫🤫

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

They lost to Miss St, Washington, USC and did not play Oregon, hard to tell much from their record . Their fans certainly think they are great…

I think this game depends more on how we perform than anything from their side….

Would be nice to play well and start our next season strong…..

:ou: :ou: :ou: :ou:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I think thats typical of all fanbase board discussions.

One thing I noticed is the last post on the linked thread was on 5 Dec. At that time Stuts was leaving and so many other things have changed. They might think different now?
In Brent I Trust :D
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Washington and Miss St appear to be the only credible teams they played. Riley's team put up 43 pts against them, and as porous as Grinch's defense was and they only put up 41 on them, then I'm starting to get a little more optimistic about our chances.
Since we are going in with an O Line of reserves, a new QB and a short list of RBs, and we don't know how well our reserves on the O Line are going to be able to protect JA, it may be a pretty close game. But I think we'll have enough of our defensive holdovers to keep them off the scoreboard more than they think. Could be an interesting game after all.
aka Crimson47
Shelstin

Post by Shelstin »

I am primarily concerned with how well we will protect our QB. I am not concerned in the least about how JA will play. I trust our new OC to call a simple game that JA will excel in. The U of A is a seemingly solid team, but...and I love saying this...I don't think that they have seen a defense that was as physical as we will be.

I spent a week in Phoenix a few weeks ago. Since I enjoy a nice Phoenix afternoon Sports Bar at an outside Patio this time of year, I met a few U of A fans. A few of the young guns were fairly disrespectful of our program, but the majority that I talked to (3 or 4) were just hoping to have a good showing against a traditional power. The spread, players moving on, and Gabriel transferring gave them a little hope. I had to explain that the probable reason that Gabriel left was due to a freshman that he may not be able to stay in front of next season.

They are excited for their future, but don't realize how tough their new conference will be.
:ou: by 21
Fly

Post by Fly »

Hey guys do not go by there win lost record, that I’d very deceiving. There one of those team that came into the season very young.
They do have a very good coach & staff also. But as the season has progressed they have become much better as time has gone on.
We on the other side have lost many of out starters to the transfer & NFL as you know. My worry is our OL protection, of JA & getting
our running game going with The OL in question. Other than that I think we are fine.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Hard to know how good any pac team is……

Colorado beat TCU but it looked like TCU did no prep and didn’t try …Oregon was very lucky to beat TTU but AZ did not play Oregon…

My guess AZ is good not great…. My guess is AZ is taking us lightly since DG and Lebby left hence AZ assumes we will have no offense…lol…

Sooner 42 AZ 21….

:ou: :ou: :ou: :ou:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Watching Utah northwestern battle to a 0 0 tie…. An interception would have given nw the lead on a FG but they failed trying for a td….. :eyes:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Arizona has 3 losses

1 in 3 overtimes
1 in 1 overtime
1 by 7 to Washington

This is a really good team and we better be ready to play.
In Brent I Trust :D
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Finally a score by NW a td pass,,,,,, with a minute left in half Utah 41 yards offense NW about 120 yards offense

:eyes:
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Utah has turned the ball over 3 times (PI and 2 fumbles).....but NW has missed 2 FGs.....and Utah had a goal line stop. Pretty sloppy game, if you ask me.