Baker beats Jalen

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
SwampSooner

Baker beats Jalen

Post by SwampSooner »

In the final "Super" playoff game of the weekend, Baker Mayfield led Tampa Bay to a 32-9 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. Baker had 3 TD throws of over 40 yds in the game and forced only one ball (which was luckily dropped). All this with 4 bruised ribs and a damaged foot. Still, it was great to see Baker in his old form.

The Eagles continued their slide, losing 6 of their last 7 games. From best pro football team to slinking out of the playoffs in 7 weeks. It looked like no one wanted to play on the Eagles team except Jalen.

Next Sunday, Tampa will travel to Detroit to match up against probably the hottest NFC team.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

The Buc's got a hellofva good deal this year. Baker played out his rookie contract for only $4 mil.....all because Baker wanted to help out the Bucs salary cap, but mostly because he wanted to play the game. Rumors are now afloat that his 2024 season will run north of $50 mil. Well deserved for Baker! But wasn't it great to see him enjoying himself again.....but sad to see the game go south for Jalen! Win or lose in Detroit, Baker is BACK! What a season for the Sooner with a "chip on his shoulder".....bad ribs & ankle and all.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Baker played great, even with the 7 dropped passes by the Buccaneers…….dropped passes by WR always amaze me ..one job…

Bucs defense was great too,,,,,,

Bucs may go further than the pundits expect/// :eyes:
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Zgeo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:20 am Baker played great, even with the 7 dropped passes by the Buccaneers…….dropped passes by WR always amaze me ..one job…

Bucs defense was great too,,,,,,

Bucs may go further than the pundits expect/// :eyes:
One thing is for sure. No matter what they do, or how far they go, the Dallas Cowboys will be watching it all from home. :D
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

The Eagles are hard to figure out. How do you start 10-1 and then forget how to play?

During the game, Aikman said it looked like nobody on Philly really wanted to be there playing. Sure looked that way to me. The coach there has his work cut out for him to see what is wrong and get it fixed before next year.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

The Buccaneers defense is PDG that made the eagles look like they forgot to play…
Echo

Post by Echo »

The only pro team I really watch and keep track of is the Bucs because I love to watch Baker play the game. He plays with so much passion and I truly enjoyed the announcers throwing praise his way last night.

I don't know how far the Bucs will go, it will be cold and hostile in Detroit.

I did feel sorry for Jalen because it really did look like he was the only one who wanted to be there last night.
Aries

Post by Aries »

It will be 72 degrees on the field in Detroit. :D
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Aries wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:07 pm It will be 72 degrees on the field in Detroit. :D
Thank God! I was afraid that Ford would try to heat the place with their Lightning 150!
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

I have come to the conclusion that Baker and his Buccaneers beat the lions….the reasons for this are 1 Baker is very accurate and has a long pass game, 2 the Buccaneers defense is good with a good pass rush, 3 Goff the lions QB is not good under pressure, 4 the Buccaneers are playing with house money and should be loose, if the Buccaneers WR didn’t have 7 dropped passe in the last game it would have been over in the first quarter, playing with house money tells the Buccaneers Wrs catch everything next game……

:ou: :ou: :ou: :ou: