Oklahoma Sooner Track & Field Teams in Fayetteville on Fri & Sat

OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Sooner Track & Field Teams in Fayetteville on Fri & Sat

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Men's and Women's Track & Field Teams will be in Fayetteville, AR for the Razorback Invitational on Friday and Saturday, the 26th and 27th of January.

The two-day meet opens with the pentathlon and heptathlon on Friday, Jan. 19 at 11:35 a.m. CT. Day two will begin Saturday morning with track events at 11:05 a.m. CT and field events at 12 p.m. CT.

50 Sooner Track and Field athletes will represent Oklahoma.

The men's squad, ranked No. 11 in the USTFCCCA Division I national rankings, will compete against nine top-25 nationally ranked teams.
The women's squad, ranked No. 6 in the Midwest region, will also face off against nine top-25 nationally ranked teams.

The Razorback Invitational will be live streamed via SECN+ (Friday) and SECN+ (Saturday). Live results can be found via Flash Results.

Here is the Sooner staff writers article about the Razorback Invitational.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/1/25 ... vitational

Good luck to all the Sooners in Fayetteville.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Men's and Women's Track and Field Teams completed their participation in the Razorback Invitational over Friday and Saturday.

Sophomore BJ Green earned an individual title in the men's triple jump, 17 Sooners secured new personal records and five athletes earned spots on Oklahoma's all-time record list in their respective event.

"I am thrilled with BJ's performance today. He did a better job of creating leverage and attacking the ground today," said assistant coach, horizontal jumps, Austin Davis. "He's worked very hard this year and it's rewarding to see him enjoying the fruits of his labor."

"We saw some things I didn't quite expect, and it leads me to believe even bigger things are coming," stated assistant coach, vertical jumps and combined events, Jerel Langley. "I'm excited about the work we get to put in on both the accomplishments and mistakes we made this weekend."

Here is the full report by the Sooner staff writers about the meet.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/1/27 ... vitational

The article contains lots of notes about the Sooners tracksters. Time to time to read it.

Boomer Sooner!