TexAggies to the Big 10?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

TexAggies to the Big 10?

Post by WishBone »

Last edited by WishBone on Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
captnop

Post by captnop »

If the aggies go full aggie, then it's certainly easier for the SEC to scoop up FSU, Clemson and NC. With the odd number that would put them at 18. I would argue as sports properties go .. ALL of those schools are better than A$M.
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

Big 10 will do a LOT to land ND. Not sure how inviting aggie helps that cause. Also not so sure aggie adds lots of texas tvs for the big 10.

On the other hand, aggie is so desperate to get out of the big-brother shadow of texsa that they might do something that silly.
texsa sucks!
ColleyvilleSooner

Post by ColleyvilleSooner »

Does the Big 10 still care about academic standards of members? They had to give Nebraska a waiver so OSU will certainly need a triple waiver. OSU has baggage with the Johnny Bright incident and a history you would expect from an Oklahoma ag school.
captnop

Post by captnop »

ColleyvilleSooner wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:32 pm Does the Big 10 still care about academic standards of members? They had to give Nebraska a waiver so OSU will certainly need a triple waiver. OSU has baggage with the Johnny Bright incident and a history you would expect from an Oklahoma ag school.
You have the wrong Aggies ... This thread is about the A$M variety, which is an AAU school as opposed to the Stoolwater variety, also known as Payne County Votech. Academically, I'm not sure they are fit for the B12, forget the B10.
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Aside from their "little brother" syndrome, a move like this makes 0 sense. Lesser league, lesser money, much less geographic/regional exposure.

This would be the equivalent of Nebraska throwing a hissy fit over the influence :horns: was having over the Big 12 & leaving for the Big 10. That decision cost Neb any kind of exposure or footprint for TX recruiting & sent them spiraling down the path to mediocrity.

Aggy will always have that geographic TX recruiting advantage, but they would be largely "out of sight, out of mind" with all their other geographic & regional neighbors & either in the SEC or Big 12. Being a perennial 7-5 or 8-4 team, they were already largely irrelevant, but a move like this would only hasten their demise.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Would be a dumb move for A&M. It would hurt their recruiting in Texas. What Texas kid is going to want to play all northern schools?
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Tamu had become a 7&4feit school in the SEC… (translates to 7-5 if they dont forfeit bowl game). Now with the addition of OU and texass, the aggies are looking at 6-6 or 5-7 every year….. they would win more in the big 10 and the big 10 pays more so I understand why they are looking into the big 10…..

I have to admit i dont even know who the HC is at tamu now, i just know they dropped the $75million HC with a guaranteed salary many years early..

I would like for them to stay so we get to play them once in a while…… :eyes:

:ou:
SD-OU

Post by SD-OU »

Zgeo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:19 pm Tamu had become a 7&4feit school in the SEC… (translates to 7-5 if they dont forfeit bowl game). Now with the addition of OU and texass, the aggies are looking at 6-6 or 5-7 every year….. they would win more in the big 10 and the big 10 pays more so I understand why they are looking into the big 10…..

I have to admit i dont even know who the HC is at tamu now, i just know they dropped the $75million HC with a guaranteed salary many years early..

I would like for them to stay so we get to play them once in a while…… :eyes:

:ou:
Mike Elko former Duke coach.