Baylor game #2 Sat. 2PM

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
inconnu

Baylor game #2 Sat. 2PM

Post by inconnu »

Top of First. 2 outs and one on for Bears. May pitching. The Baylor runner is on 3rd base. Flores walks. Flyout to Boone. Sooners now up to bat.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

What is Chris Plank doing(I haven't heard) Coleman at bat. She walks. We get bases loaded with 2 outs. Torres flies out and nobody scores. On to 2nd inning.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Top of 2nd. May gets first batter to K. One out. Another K! 2 down. Another K! On to bottom of 2nd.

Pickering at bat. She K's Pickering still looking "off". Ludlam up. She looks at backwards K. Boone batting. She singles up the middle! Coleman batting. 2 OUT HOMER OU UP 2-0! Jennings batting. She flies out to left, to end inning.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

3rd inning now. I like this Sanchez/Martinez announcing combo. First batter flies out. 2nd batter grounds out to Torres. Hott gets a double. Govan is batting. She grounds out to Torres. Sooners up now.

BRITO BOMB! 3-0 OU. Parker at bat. Parker K's. Sanders K's. 2 outs. Torres singles(or, error by 2nd base). Coor batting. She K's Binford gets 3 K's!, to go along with the homer she gave up to Brito.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

4th inning: First batter for Baylor gets on base. 2nd batter K's. Next batter flies out to right. 2 outs. 2 run homer for LaValley! OU up 3-2. Next batter out. On to bottom of 4th.

Lillio pinch hitting for Ludlam. She walks. Boone hits a single. 2 on base now, no outs. Jayda hits a grounder, Baylor throws to 2nd, and Boone called safe, but there's a review. BOONE CALLED OUT! Jennings is batting. She singles, and Lillio scores. OU 4-2 now. Brito batting. She walks! Bases loaded one out. Parker batting. Flies to left, but Coleman scores. Now 5-2 OU. Sanders batting. 2 outs. She grounds out. 5th inning next
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

May still pitching. We get 2 quick outs, then Hott homers. She's 3 for 3 today. 5-3 OU. Govan at bat. Long fly out to Boone to end the Baylor batting in 5th.

Hodge gets on, and Coor grounds out. Hodge on 2nd. Ludlam at bat and, SHE HITS A HOMER WITH A DAMAGED FINGER! 7-3 now OU. Boone and Coleman both on base now with one out. Jennings batting. She walks. Bases loaded. Brito at bat.Brito gets a single and another run scores 8-3, and bases still loaded. Parker HITS GRAND SLAM TO END GAME 12-3!!!

WHAT A FINISH!
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Thanks for tracking the game, inconnu!

I listened to the game on the radio.

Two Grand Slams in two games! That doesn't happen very often in this sport. And I guess the one today makes up for leaving the bases loaded earlier in the contest. Parker can hit.

I hope Pickering can make the changes she needs to make at the plate. The game commentators both said she does not appear confident right now. In watching some game highlights against UTA, Pickering reminded me of Erickson when she was struggling after a hot start: 'waving at pitches out of the zone instead of taking strong hacks at good pitches. It is easy to forget she is still a Frosh.

Boone, on the other hand, just keeps hammering away! Another amazing game for her!

Happy for Ms. May for the win on her senior day! She was solid.
Bricklayer

Post by Bricklayer »

1KCSoonerFan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:33 pm Thanks for tracking the game, inconnu!

I listened to the game on the radio.

Two Grand Slams in two games! That doesn't happen very often in this sport. And I guess the one today makes up for leaving the bases loaded earlier in the contest. Parker can hit.

I hope Pickering can make the changes she needs to make at the plate. The game commentators both said she does not appear confident right now. In watching some game highlights against UTA, Pickering reminded me of Erickson when she was struggling after a hot start: 'waving at pitches out of the zone instead of taking strong hacks at good pitches. It is easy to forget she is still a Frosh.

Boone, on the other hand, just keeps hammering away! Another amazing game for her!

Happy for Ms. May for the win on her senior day! She was solid.
Could not agree more about Pickering. She just isn’t covering the outside of the plate. It reminds me of Erickson last year. It can be fixed. She will be fine. I’m sure JT is all over it.

Great win for our gals!!!

Enjoyed the game

PS…Parker is so freaking talented
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

1KCSoonerFan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:33 pm

Could not agree more about Pickering. She just isn’t covering the outside of the plate. It reminds me of Erickson last year. It can be fixed. She will be fine. I’m sure JT is all over it.

[/quote]

The Pickering slump is concerning indeed. However, I have considerable confidence that she will get the problem straightened out. For one thing, her slump isn't nearly as severe or long lasting(at least not yet) as was Erickson's. It seemed last year that Erickson was mostly swinging with an uppercut motion, and was standing back too far from home plate. It appeared she never stopped doing both of those things while at OU last year. I hope that's not what Pickering is doing, but If it is, that is certainly correctable. Also, think Pickering believes she has a good chance of remaining a starter, if she can get back to doing better at the plate. With 7 of our non-pitching players finishing their college softball careers, that opens up a lot of positions. I think Erickson was concerned about playing time at OU as a sophomore.