2025 softball recruits.

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Bottom post of the previous page:

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 am A year ago, we all were pretty high on getting the commitment from SS Sydney Barker.
Now we have a commitment from #1 SS Lexi McDaniel.
How do you feel these two match up and who would win the 2026 season SS position? (I had mentally penciled in Barker for the '25 season SS.)
I would say that I do not have enough information and have not seen any of the SS candidates "live".

I would say that Hodge has to have the edge moving into the 2025 season to play SS. But in the 2024 Class there are four SS; Barker, Milloy, Garcia and McKay. As I have said, I think Garcia is more of a 2B candidate and that McKay is more of a corner Infielder. So that leaves Hodge, Barker and Milloy. And perhaps we should not leave out McEnroe Marinas but for now NellieMac is at 3B I think. The battle will be between the 3 of them, one may move to 2B to compete with Garcia and could play there. I think Milloy is likely to move the OF if she is not the SS.

So for 2026, McDaniel arrives with a 1-year starter at SS with experience in either Hodge or Barker or Milloy. Maybe you have a 1-year starter at 2B with one of the SS that moved or Garcia or even Lilio. McDaniel will play somewhere I think as a freshman. It is a tremendous wealth of talent for the MIF positions. The two that fields the best and then hits the best will play the most.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »