Sooner SB at Wichita State for Tuesday Game in cool weather!

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Sooner SB at Wichita State for Tuesday Game in cool weather!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

If the game takes place, the Oklahoma Sooners will be on the road in Wichita on Tuesday to play Wichita State in a 6 PM game. The game will be televised on ESPN+. It will be my first game in Wichita to see the Sooners play. I will see if there is a monument placed where Grace Green hit that HR over LF a few years back.

The game will have one thing that will be very unique. The game will feature two players with 79 or more career HRs. Wichita State's Addison Barnard has 79 Career HRs with a season high of 33 in 2022. And of course, Tiare Jennings has 85 career HRs. Earlier in the year, when Oklahoma had Miami OH visit the Love's Field, Karli Spaid hit 2 HRs for her 77th HR of her career. Jennings had 78 HRs at the time. Right now, Jennings has 85 and Spaid has 86 career HRs. There can not be that many times in history when two players with more than 75 HRs have played each other. Maybe it happened in 2021 or 2022 when Oklahoma played Mississippi State with Mia Davidson. Davidson hit 92 HRs and Alo hit 122. They both probably had 79 HRs for the 2022 game maybe even the 2021 game. I would have to do some work to verify.

Back to Wichita State, they are 16-10 and have won their last six in conference play after dropping two games to Kansas who is next up for OU.

They are hitting .295 BA, .390 OB% and .548 Slug% and they have 35 doubles, 4 triple and 44 HRs. They have two players with 10 HRs and another with 7. Their two top hitters are Barnard and Wong. Both have 10 HRs and hit .359 and .500 respectively. Wong is having a great year. Only Sedlacek, is above average with her 7 HRs. Barnard and Sedlacek will steal a base at times also.

The Shockers are fielding at a .965 click with 24 errors. Their pitching is their Achilles heel with a 4.54 ERA. But Barber (Freshman) is decent with a 3.25 ERA in 51.2 innings with a 503 record in 9 starts. Their four pitchers have ERA's of 3.25, 4.30 (LHP-Cooper), 4.91 and 6.83. They give up doubles (45) but not many HRs (12).

Trying to guess who might start for the Sooners in the circle has become a chore. With games on Th, F and Sat following the game on Tuesday I will guess it will be Kierston Deal to get the start but it could very well be Karlie Keeney who keeps the ball down to counter the 2 HR hitters for WSU. I do not think it will be Paytn Monticelli or SJ Geurin or Kelly Maxwell. It might be Nicole May but I doubt it.

It will also be interesting to see where Alynah Torres plays. Will it be 2B, RF or even maybe 1B? I would think that it will be either at 2B or RF. I heard Chris Plank say that we should not get excited by Kinzie Hansen pinch-hitting on Saturday as he said it might not be until the Texas series before she plays. So maybe Torres could even catch on Tuesday to give Rylie Ludlam a break.

Both Kasidi Pickering and Cydney Sanders could use a good day at the plate on Tuesday. Everyone else is hitting well right now for the Sooners. If Avery Hodge plays on Tuesday, a good day would help her as well. I wonder when Maya Bland gets a spot start for OU in the outfield also. She is working on earning a start.

The top four in the lineup might be set with Coleman, Jennings, Brito and Parker. I am happy to see that at this point.

Good luck to the Sooners on Tuesday. It looks to be the day's high at 45 degrees at 6 PM hut it cools off a bit by 8 PM. Maybe the game is moved up an hour or two. There is no rain in the forecast and the wind is 10-15 from the northwest.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Rescheduled for Apr 9th

aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The game time will be a 6 PM.......according to Wichita State.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

If it's like most of OUr other games, the rescheduled game will be televised by ESPN+.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner