Way to Early Betting Lines

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

Way to Early Betting Lines

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

I watched Ikard and Lehman's show yesterday and they covered some of this. Both of them had eyes popping on OU being an 8.5 dog against Texas. Smh.

They also wondered when the last season OU was the underdog in five regular season games. Of course, these lines are going to change, and I suspect they will change in OU favor.
Blue

Post by Blue »

8.5 vs. Texas seems very high to me. That game will not get out of hand.

I also do not understand the reasoning behind the Mizzou and LSU over OU thinking. We are on the road for both of those, but LSU has more question marks than OU. And historically OU has owned Mizzou. Remember the Chase Daniels 2007 Big XII title game? In my lifetime OU and Mizzou have played 36 times. Mizzou managed to win 4 of them.

There is a lot of hype around Mizzou after they went 11-2 last year and beat Ohio State in the Cotton bowl. We know non-playoff bowl games don't really count. And they lost to the 2 decent SEC teams they faced - UGa and LSU. Their only quality win was over Tennessee at home and they almost lost at home to a poor Florida team.

Similarly, LSU lost to the 3 good teams they played - FSU, Ole Miss, and Bama. Their "quality win" was at Mizzou. They beat a hapless Wisconsin team in the bowl game.

I feel very good about OU's chances to win outright on the road against both Mizzou and LSU.

Bama is trading on their past. We don't know what the Sabenless Bama squad is going to bring. I like OU at home in that game.

The game I see OU as a legitimate dog is the Ole Miss game, but 6 points? They are a tough team at home, and they were playing at a high level all last year, other than the shellacking UGa gave them in Athens. There other loss was at Bama. Lane Kiffen is a good offensive coach, so it will be a fun match up of quality O vs. quality D.

My rose colored glasses see all of these spreads as giving OU betters favorable odds.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Agree with ya both.The MiIssery hype all started during their early years in the SEC,at or right before the Kirby Smart era started.And Ill be surprised if Bryan Kelly makes it at LSU,especially with his recent public comment " Not gonna pay outrageous money for any player"...........I really hope we spank Missery though.Their fans have gotten a lil beyond themselves as of late.I agree with Blue "The Game I think OU has the toughest time in is Ole Miss.All other are very winnable.Lane Kiffen has something going on in Ole Miss though.

:ou: :dude:
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

It all looks like good fodder for the bulletin board in the locker room to me!
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

The one that stands out to me is being a home underdog against an Alabama team that has more question marks than any other team on that list.