2026 recruiting rumors

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
navier

Post by navier »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Have any of you making "wish lists" actually seen any of these kid's pitch/hit/etc ??
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I have not.
But some here have seen them pitch, hit, run bases, defense, etc. A Lot.
My list was my personal preference, from whatever information I can gather from whatever source I can find and I spend a lot of time on it.
So????
aka Crimson47
navier

Post by navier »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:35 pm I have not.
But some here have seen them pitch, hit, run bases, defense, etc. A Lot.
My list was my personal preference, from whatever information I can gather from whatever source I can find and I spend a lot of time on it.
So????
It was a question, not an indictment..
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Thank you.
I apologize for being short.
My bad.
aka Crimson47
navier

Post by navier »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:44 pm Thank you.
I apologize for being short.
My bad.
NP. I have seen a few of the pitchers throw in person. Stanton or Smith are probably the closest to being ready to come in and help. Baker may the biggest upside. She sits mid 60’s but her mechanics can be improved to get at least another 2-3 mph and from what I have heard Rocha has a pretty good handle on what those fixes would be..Wouldn’t surprise me if she redshirts her freshman year if she indeed comes to OU.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Wow.
After last night, I just hope the recruits we took to the game didn't run away screaming in horror.
I am kidding, of course, but I still can't help but wonder what kind of impression it made.
aka Crimson47
navier

Post by navier »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:35 am Wow.
After last night, I just hope the recruits we took to the game didn't run away screaming in horror.
I am kidding, of course, but I still can't help but wonder what kind of impression it made.
Do you really want a kid whose opinion of the school (and softball program) is so heavily weighted by how good
the football team is that they lose interest after a bad game (and in reality they won..not sure most HS girls are advanced
enough in their knowledge about football that they would recognize a bad outing..no matter how bad)?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

lol....of course not navier.....
just kidding around man...
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I must admit that I was at the Parade of Champions yesterday specifically to see the softball team and see if there were any "recruits" near them in the parade. I was not successful in seeing much. As the team approached two security people stepped in front of me and really messed things up. But I agree that they have a job and that job is important.

I saw that Monticelli was carrying the banner on one side and then saw Deal, Pickering and not much else. I die see Lowry and Milloy after they were passed me. This year there were no coaches walking with the players. I saw Coach Rocha and Coach Steele walking that way just before the parade started. They might have been riding in the golf carts just in front of the softball team. The only coach I saw walking with their players was Coach Barancyzk.

As for the recruits. There are several in town, but who is here is unknown by me.

I expect to see several commits coming up this week probably starting on Monday around 10 AM if the pattern remains the same. That is usually when the post are made in mid-morning. Then shortly after the commit post something on their social media. I think the Sooners will maybe have 3 this week before Friday is over. At least I hope they will.

Friday will be busy with the Coach Gasso statue unveiling on Friday at 4 PM. I doubt much happens with 2026 commits after that next weekend.

When I go to the Soccer match today, I will take the long way (3 blocks) and drive around Love's to see what I can see.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

A poster on another board also thinks we will have more recruits next weekend with the dedication ceremony.
Thanks for looking around for possible recruits yesterday.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Chris Plank reported on the pre-game radio program that Gasso was sporting a cast on her wrist and reported that she had broken her wrist. He and Toby joked that she broke it “waving runners home”.
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

The ceremony might be better than trying to impress them with football team :cool:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

We are closing in on the time when Patty usually sends out her Boomers.
Maybe we will get one of our visitors this weekend to commit.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Softball America (On3) is reporting that the #3-ranked player, Middle Infielder, Ki’ele Ho-Ching (CA Athletics Mercado) and #40-ranked player, Corner INF, Jerrell “Ori” Mailo (HI LK Black) were in Norman this weekend on a recruiting trip. Mailo is a Hawaiian power hitter.

Another highly rated MIF always is at the top of the list for OU. A power-hitting player from Hawaii also has a nice ring to it as well.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I've read elsewhere that in addition to the infielders we hosted, there was also a pitcher.
While we don't know who that was yet, we know who it was not:
Stanton--visited LSU
Rackley--visited OSU
Tuua--visited aTm

All of the above have been to OU camps and will probably be making multiple visits to different programs throughout this month.
aka Crimson47
navier

Post by navier »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:45 pm I've read elsewhere that in addition to the infielders we hosted, there was also a pitcher.
While we don't know who that was yet, we know who it was not:
Stanton--visited LSU
Rackley--visited OSU
Tuua--visited aTm

All of the above have been to OU camps and will probably be making multiple visits to different programs throughout this month.
navier wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:36 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:58 pm Potential 2026 Softball Recruits for Oklahoma- Sept 1st is Near!

Pitchers:
RHP / OF = Caroline Stanton --> SA - 2, EIS T-3 (Top 6) - Lady Dukes National – Lamar
RHP / 1B = Ella Kate Smith --> SA-3, EIS T-4 (Top 8) - Impact Gold – Jazz (Katy, TX)
RHP / UT (Left-handed Hitter) = Jada Savage --> SA - 8, EIS T-6 (Top 12) - Stars – Coleman
RHP / UT = Addison Rackley --> SA - 16, EIS T-7 (Top 14) - Georgia Impact – Taylor
RHP / MIF = Aubrey Moore --> SA - 20, EIS T-13 (Top 26) - Atlanta Vipers – Tamborra
RHP / MIF = Piper Cavanaugh --> SA - NA, EIS #14 (Top 28) - Beverly Bandits – Hardin
RHP = Boo Herber --> SA - NA, EIS #67 (Top 88) - Birmingham Thunderbolts Premier – Thompson
RHP / OF = Ayla Tuua -- SA - NA, EIS #89 (Top110 - BSC Bengals 16U – Briggs
RHP = Liliana Escobar --> SA - NA, EIS - NA - OC Batbusters - Stith (Will be ranked soon.)
RHP / UT = Keegan Baker --> (unranked) - Edmond Memorial HS – Oklahoma A's National
LHP / 1B = Kelsie Donaldson --> (unranked)

One of these is having their official this weekend..; )

Smith was also at A&M..I'll give you a hint about this unknown pitcher..she is in the above list and was at the most recent OU camp..