Oklahoma Women's Tennis Opens play this Weekend in Dual Events

OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Women's Tennis Opens play this Weekend in Dual Events

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The new look Sooners for the 2024-2025 season includes seven (7) returning players to the Sooners and four (4) incoming freshman as the Sooners reload a bit this season. One of the returning from a season long injury last year to play for the first time as a Red-Shirt Freshman. Here are the players for this year:

Ava Catanzarite - Sr. - Catanzarite played singles and doubles with success last season.
Samantha Fulnecky - R-Fr. - Fulnecky suffered a right wrist injury and red-shirted.
Julia Garcia Ruiz - Jr. - Garcia Ruiz played both singles and doubles with success last season. Garcia could play #1 Singles and #2 Doubles for the Sooners this season.
Emma Ghirardato - Fr. - From Italy, Ghirardato had a ITF career-high rankings of 64.
Roisin Gilheany - So. - Gilheany played doubles last season primarily with success last season.
Cara Mester - Fr. - From Romania, Mester had a ITF career-high rankings of 64.
Gloriana Nahum - Fr. - From Benin, Nahum had a ITF career-high rankings of 28
Chloé Noël - So. - Noel played single and doubles with success last season.
Salakthip Ounmuang - Fr. - From Thailand, Ounmuang had a ITF career-high rankings of 151.
Alina Shcherbinina - Sr. - Shcherbinina played singles and doubles with success last season.
Emma Staker - Sr. - Staker played mostly singles last season with success.

The 2024-2025 Oklahoma Women's Tennis Team will play in dual Tournaments starting this weekend. The two tournaments are:
  • ITA All-American Championships, Cary, N.C. -> Sept 21st to Sept 29th.
  • ITF 35K Berkeley, Berkeley, CA -> Sept 22nd to Sept 29th. (This may start on the 23rd of September.)
So far, this is what I have found about the two tournaments.

ITA All-American Championships, Cary, N.C. -> Sept 21st to Sept 29th

I think there are four Sooners playing in this tourney, i think. At least that is all I can find in the brackets.

Salakthip Ounmuang (FR) is playing both singles and doubles. Ana Catanzarite (SR) is playing singles and Emma Straker (SR) is playing doubles with Ounmuang.

In Doubles:
Sept 21st @ 4:30 PM - Ana Vilcek and Nikola Homolkova, (Hawaii) VS Salakthip Ounmuang and Emma Staker (Oklahoma)

In Singles:
Sept 21st @ 9:00 AM - Salakthip Ounmuang (OU) VS Leyla Britez Risso (Tennessee)
Sept 21st @ 3:00 PM - Ava Catanzarite (OU) VS Isabella Chhiv (Princeton)

The brackets for the ITF 35K Berkeley in Berkeley, CA is not available as of now. I will keep checking.

I believe that is Salakthip Ounmuang pictured.