What should we expect this week?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Zgeo

What should we expect this week?

Post by Zgeo »

What is a reasonable expectation for this week? I haven’t seen any of Mississippi games. I saw a few highlights of their QB Dart he looked pretty good.

I think we get a better offense this week. But that would be achieved with 2 offensive TDs.

Maybe Ole Miss takes the win for granted. Why wouldn’t they?

I am rooting for the Sooners to win. Maybe we get the breaks this week….. :eyes:

:BV: :ou: :ou: :rice:
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I've accepted this season and Team 130 for what they are. NO ILLUSIONS any longer. The old cliche fits,,,It IS what it IS!

So, I expect the worst and hope for the best.

Not saying OU has no chance @ Ole Miss, but will be happy if I can see some real improvement and a little stability with the SOONER Offense.
The OU Defense could conceivably be the catalyst and keep OKLAHOMA close but thus far they haven't been enough.
Hoping for a good game! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Fly

Post by Fly »

Ole Miss is a very good team. About as good as Tenn. Can we win, anything is possible but not likley, I hate saying that.If Joe Jon
Simplifies the offense & our defense gets some turn overs, they might make a game of it.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Im optimistic because Im a lifelong Sooner but Im also realistic................Ive seen anough and dont look for much to change offensively with JJ at the helm. :surrender:
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Why would we expect anything different? Just b/c Littrell is gone doesn't mean they can totally install a new system. Even if they could, it still has to be executed by an offensive unit that has proven unable to run block or pass block this season. Unless we can sneak members of the 2017 OL into uniform, Sharp magically transforms into Mark Andrews or Keith Jackson, & our healthy WRs all grow 3"-5" & learn how to separate from DBs & catch the ball, then I would expect more of the same from the offense this week & all the remaining weeks of this season - 10-14 points without the defense helping them out with short fields off of turnovers.
WVSooner

Post by WVSooner »

I expect a big win with almost 40 points. I also expect almost 500 yards of offense, over 100 on the ground and over 300 in the air.

We will all be looking at each other asking "where has this been all year?"
Sooner42

Post by Sooner42 »

Not much maybe 3-9 points. I have no expectations for the rest of the season. I agree with letting Seth go but I do not believe JJ will be any different. We have no line and that has not improved. I expect the defense to start to slide just out of frustration of having to carry the load due to 3 and out every set of downs. I’m just watching and rooting with not real expectations.
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

Ole Miss dominated South Carolina 27-3.

Ugh. I’m afraid it won’t be pretty. It would be nice if we could avoid turnovers and at least keep the final score somewhat respectable.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Not much.
This will be what, the 3rd week the O-line has played together now? Then maybe some minor chemistry starting to form with Everett back at center calling the O-line signals.
We have to move Sharp out of the TE room. If we have to use him, put him at WR and get him out of the way.
I do expect better ball protection.
I also expect everyone to play pi$$ed pff at being the laughingstock of the conference.

Ole Miss's wins have been against Furman, Middle Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Georgia Southern, in addition to S Carolina. But they've lost to LSU and to Kentucky (!)
If we can somehow get to 250 yds passing and 150 yds rushing, then our defense may feel like they have something to fight for, and Ole Miss hasn't played a team with a defense like ours yet.

I'm not saying we win the game. But a 21-17 loss would be more respectable than what we've done in the past.
aka Crimson47
pippen

Post by pippen »

Here's hoping we have them right where we want them.
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

Brisket wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:07 am Why would we expect anything different? Just b/c Littrell is gone doesn't mean they can totally install a new system. Even if they could, it still has to be executed by an offensive unit that has proven unable to run block or pass block this season. Unless we can sneak members of the 2017 OL into uniform, Sharp magically transforms into Mark Andrews or Keith Jackson, & our healthy WRs all grow 3"-5" & learn how to separate from DBs & catch the ball, then I would expect more of the same from the offense this week & all the remaining weeks of this season - 10-14 points without the defense helping them out with short fields off of turnovers.
I agree more of the same as you said there is no blocking.
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

RussC

Post by RussC »

One reason I expect to notice something different is that the first major firing of a coach may light a fire under the players. I never played the game, but I imagine that playing so execrebly you get coach fired is a miserable feeling. I hope the offensive players can now focus better and lay it on the line for the coaches who remain
#Mentally In Portal
pippen

Post by pippen »

StatesEye wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:06 am
:D :D :D
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

I expect we will do much better this week. Things could not have started worse last week. Hopefully the coaches learned from that.

I heard that the ole Miss secondary is not great. Maybe JA can take advantage of that

I am still amazed we have no run game Hopefully we find one now

Ole Miss fans seem to be almost as down on their OC as we were recently. Maybe their offense won’t score much. They really have not scored much in conference play

If our defense scores twice we win this one