OKLAHOMA VS. OLE MISS GAME THREAD

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OU Chinaman

OKLAHOMA VS. OLE MISS GAME THREAD

Post by OU Chinaman »

...last week in October. Will fall back off Daylight Savings time a week from tomorrow. The leaves are just starting to turn colors.
The OKLAHOMA SOONERS are 4-3, on the road, and their current 25 straight Bowl Game streak in jeopardy.
The linemakers say the SOONERS are a 3 touchdown underdog to Kiffnin's Rebels. 3 TD's??? Am I in some alternate reality?
Mediocrity can be a stifling carcinogen. It is infectious and virulent. It can spread through a football program and eat away their living fire if its permitted to gain a foothold.
It will not go away on it's own, but must be rooted out and annihilated by a team that would excel.
Mediocre doesn't mean "bad". It means common, lackluster, typical, unremarkable, uninspiring.
IT MEANS AVERAGE!

Mediocrity is safe, which is why so many cling to it.
Mediocrity is the death of the spirit
It takes courage to rise above it.
You have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor, and hold it there, as the engine screams and smoke trails behind you.

And you have to dream! Dreams are where all men start to dare.
To dare is to end mediocrity, to accept risk, break rules, to invite chaos. Dreams and dares are potential beginnings of a new path.
Dreams and dares are the father of rebellion! You deserve the chains you accept and the prison of mediocrity if you become comfortable with it.

OKLAHOMA finds itself at a crossroads today.
Team 130's legacy hangs in the balance.
No reason the SOONERS can't beat Ole Miss.
JUST NEED AN ABSOLUTE FEROCITY OF ACTION.
A fierce leap, together as a team, with full commitment.
No reservation in thought, deed or word.
OKLAHOMA is on desperate ground and needs to play with desperation.

If they do, they can win this game.
If they do, it doesn't really matter if they win, because they will have shown me they still carry the banner and the eternal torch of SOONER FOOTBALL DEFIANTLY!
I'll know it if I see it.

And if they don't...if they don't dream and dare,...then they have little chance the rest of the way.
Fear, uncertainty and conflict will be their companions. This is the lot of mediocrity.

The most important signposts in life are failures. Failures come from lack and loss of discipline
Thus far, the OKLAHOMA SOONERS have seen their fair share of signposts of failure.

Assess your momentum and trajectory, TEAM 130!!!

I'M "THE" CHINAMAN! ONE OF MANY. I STILL BELIEVE! WE STILL BELIEVE! WE' SIDE YOU WIN OR LOSE!

YOU CAN DO THIS! :cool:

BOOMER!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice: