Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

A nice 2 minute video breakdown.

In Brent I Trust :D
Fly

Post by Fly »

Thank you OUGuy, see how many you have made happy with your post. Nana, Nana, Nana. 🤪🤣😂👏. I just had to tease you some
My Friend.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Oklahombre wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 pm So did he play in only 6 games this year or 11 games posted in the article?
I deleted that para. Looking at Sports Ref he played in every game this year.

So I found more info at https://goaztecs.com/sports/football/ro ... alone/8206

HONORS
* 2023 Honorable-Mention All-Mountain West

Athletic DB who started more games (11) than any other Aztec cornerback last year ... Made the move from safety to cornerback midway through the 2021 fall camp ... Enters the 2023 season as the starting field cornerback.

JUNIOR SEASON (2023)
Has been named a preseason first-team all-Mountain West selection by Sports Info Solutions, a second-team pick by Phil Steele Magazine and a third-team honoree by Athlon Sports.

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2022)
Was named an honorable-mention all-Mountain West selection by the league’s head coaches and media and a third-team pick by Phil Steele Magazine ... Played in all 13 games, starting the final 11 ... Had 43 tackles (34 solo) with a tackle for loss, three interceptions and five pass breakups ... Ranked in a tie for fifth in the Mountain West in interceptions (3, T-43rd in FBS) and tied for ninth in interceptions per game (0.23) ... Played in 588 of the 874 snaps overall, the most among Aztec cornerbacks (No. 2 is 418) ... Logged his first career defensive snaps (18) against Arizona on?Sept. 3, making one solo tackle ... Played more (49 snaps) against Idaho State on Sept. 10, making a career-high four tackles (three solo) with his first pass breakup ... Earned his first career start on?Sept. 17 at No. 14/15 Utah, where he tied a team high with six tackles (five solo) in 47 snaps ... The six tackles were a career high ... Made a second straight start against Toledo on?Sept. 24, making five tackles (four solo) with a pass breakup in 51 snaps ... Registered three tackles (all solo) and an interception in a start and 47 snaps at Boise State on Sept. 30 ... The interception, which was returned 31 yards, was the first of his career and set up an Aztec field goal to put SDSU?up, 3-0 ... Had five tackles (four solo), including a tackle for loss, in 49 defensive snaps in a start against Hawai’i on Oct. 8 ... Had two solo stops in a start and 34 snaps at Nevada on Oct. 22 ... Registered three tackles (two solo) in a start at Fresno State on?Oct. 29, playing 60 of the 75 snaps in the game ... Came up with his second career interception against UNLV on Nov. 5, while adding four tackles and a pass breakup ... Started and played 57 of the 61 snaps ... Had three tackles (one solo) and a career-high two pass breakups in a start and 38 snaps vs. San José State on Nov. 12 ... Finished with three tackles (two solo) in 31 snaps at New Mexico on Nov. 18 ... Came up with a pair of tackles in a start and 37 snaps vs. Air Force on Nov. 26 ... Logged two tackles (one solo) and an interception in 70 snaps in a start vs. Middle Tennessee in the EasyPost Hawai‘i Bowl on Dec. 24.

FRESHMAN SEASON (2021)
Saw action in eight games on special teams, but did not record a stat ... Played in each of the first six games before not playing at Air Force on Oct. 23 ... Played again vs. Fresno State on Oct. 30 ... Did not play at Hawai’i on Nov. 6 ... Played vs. Nevada on Nov. 13... Did not play over the final four games.

REDSHIRT SEASON (2020)
Played two games on special teams without recording a stat ... Did not travel for the first four games ... Made the travel squad for the first time for the game at Nevada on Nov. 21 but did not play ... Logged his first special teams snaps at Colorado on Nov. 28 ... Also played the following week against Colorado State (Dec. 5) ... Did not play in the season finale at No. 14/16 Brigham Young on Dec. 12.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Here is a 1:45 clip posted by the player of his plays this year. No idea why it says sensitive but just click and it will show his video clip

Recommend volume off it has rap music with some cussing

Another sites data

StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

In my opinion, the best transfer portal news and information site on the web.
Top of page, 6 tabs over. Select "Transfer Portal". All kinds of good info.
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

Keep up the good work OU Guy!
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

Reposting this.... I forgot to add the link in the original.

https://www.on3.com/
In my opinion, the best transfer portal news and information site on the web.
Top of page, 6 tabs over. Select "Transfer Portal". All kinds of good info.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Hayes Fawcett

@Hayesfawcett3

BREAKING: Former Purdue WR Deion Burks has Committed to Oklahoma, he tells
@on3sports

The 5’10 185 WR had 47 receptions for 629 yards & 7 TDs this year

One of the Top WRs in the Transfer Portal 👀

Burks has 2 years of eligibility heading into the 2024 season

Soonr80

Post by Soonr80 »

There you go.

😉
captnop

Post by captnop »

I saw a DE and DT from Ohio St.... Maybe one or both will be next ??
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Cool
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Wow this kid is good! Huge portal pickup, tx loses some big wrs and Emmitt still pulled this kid in. Also to note, new OC and QB so this kid has fairh in our future amd his NFL career will depend on it. Says a lot about what others think about our future play.

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

LOL, this was posted 21 hours ago by tx insiders! Love to see it!

Texas Football: Purdue WR transfer Deion Burks to visit UT this week

Among the biggest positional needs in the NCAA Transfer Portal for Texas football and head coach Steve Sarkisian heading into the offseason is wide receiver. Texas is looking to add multiple wideouts via the transfer portal this offseason, as three starters in the receiving corps are expected to declare early for the NFL Draft next spring.

Texas has already identified a handful of portal targets at wideout after the December transfer window opened one week ago. The top portal targets to watch for the Longhorns at wideout early in this transfer cycle are the former Houston Cougars sophomore Matthew Golden, Purdue Boilermakers redshirt sophomore Deion Burks, and South Carolina Gamecocks senior Antwane “Juice” Wells Jr.

Purdue transfer WR Deion Burks to visit Texas football this week

One of Texas’s top wideout targets in the portal will be on campus for a visit to Austin this week. Multiple confirmed reports (including from 247Sports) indicate that Burks will visit Texas and the Oklahoma Sooners this week.

Burks will reportedly visit Oklahoma this coming weekend (specifically Dec. 15 and 16). He doesn’t have the dates locked in yet for his Texas visit. But it is reportedly confirmed that he will visit Texas sometime this week.

Texas and Oklahoma are also two of the schools with the most buzz right now in this portal recruitment.

Texas targeting Burks as a potential immediate impact slot receiver from the portal this offseason

Purdue’s leading receiver this season, Burks, is one of the top wideouts available in the portal. He’s an elusive and speedy 5-foot-11 and 195-pound wideout who broke onto the scene in Purdue’s opener against Fresno State this fall, where he registered over 150 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

Burks was former Texas quarterback Hudson Card’s favorite target at Purdue this season. He led the team in targets, receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns this fall. Burks registered 47 catches for 629 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.

Burks set to see Texas during a busy week for visiting high school and portal recruits

This week is a busy one on the recruiting trail for Sark and the Longhorns staff since it is the last full week before signing day on Dec. 20. Texas is set to host multiple blue-chip recruits from the 2024 class from high school and the portal this week and weekend.

The two portal visitors for the Longhorns this week are Burks and the former Clemson Tigers junior safety Andrew Mukuba.

https://hookemheadlines.com/2023/12/11/ ... t-ut-week/
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

3:30 video of his catches

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU #9 so far in portal game. Still early though, more work to do. But our 24 class is top notch too, so they go hamd in hand.