Heisman award

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

AllSooner wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:36 pm
Gandalf wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:10 pm Please tell me the winner goes to the NFL this year. We play them next fall and would like another starter other than the Heisman winner.
I believe Jaydan is a Junior, but he would be a fool not to go pro now. A Heisman this year doesn't mean a Heisman next year.....think Caleb. He will have competition with Caleb, Drake, and Bo but that gives him a chance to get a "better" team. But I've always thought before you can get to the big money, you have to go thru the rookie contract.....so the earlier you can begin, the sooner you get to the big contract. Sometimes thing work out for the best......think Brock Purdy, Mr. Irrelevant".....
During the Heisman show the moderator said Jayden had one more year at LSU nd they panned to Kelly the coach and he held up one finger…so IDK like you said Jayden should go now and get on a better team , but it seemed like one more year had been agreed on…..but surprisingly LSU was terrible on defense so they are beatable even with Jayden hence their 3 losses…..
Fly

Post by Fly »

🤔 what??

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Fly

Post by Fly »

What???🤔.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:14 pm ...is it just me zg, or does the Heisman Trophy seem to be less relevant than it did.

I do still think it's the single greatest trophy awarded in ALL sports...but somehow this season I just didn't pay a lot of attention. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:

I haven't thought the Heisman as relevant sine they gave it to Tim Crouch over Roy Williams. They say the Heisman signifies the best player in College football. BALDERDASH! It goes to the OFFENSIVE player that may or may not be the best OFFENSIVE player in college football.
Same here.

Honestly, I don't follow the Heisman race that closely unless there are Sooners in the mix but I admit that I didn't think much about it at all this year. Don't know why....just didn't.

Jason White is usually at the ceremony. He wasn't there this year. I wish both Bradford and he would show up with Billy (BOOMER!).

I was a little peeved with Fowler's comment that Daniel's performance this year was "Burrow-esque". It was way, way more Murray-esque in my opinion.

I think they got it right this year.
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

I watch if a OU player is in it.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Nix and Penix cancelled each other out by splitting the left coast vote……. :boohoo: