RB position coach feelings?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Fly you have your opinion which I respect and hope you respect mine even if we disagree. Hawk with the same team as JA had no turnovers and JA had 3 do you blame that on Littrell who BV hired. You say our Defense is good and I agree but how much did they give up to Tenn & Auburn you never say anything about that it is always the Offense. Yes when we were behind at Auburn the D did pick off a pick 6 and Hawk took the O for more points then the D then sealed the game. Heupel is considered one of the best play callers but was his fault or the players that lost the game or maybe the other team was better. The OC always get the blame when a team loses or don't cover the spread BV hired and he will firer that is his call. WE are underdogs to texas at this time by over 2 TDs and IF we lose I know who will get the blame. BOOMER SOONER! :ou: :ou: :rice:
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Recruiting has been solid to above average. Tatum was the #1 RB recruit in the last class. Sawchuck & Barnes were both 4-star, top-10 RBs in the 22 class.

Development & rotations & playing time are questionable. We've seen clips of Tatum missing blitz pickups or blocking assignments; of Barnes & Sawchuck missing holes created by the OL; and I can't remember a RB who was a threat in the passing game. It just doesn't seem like RBs get better under Murray's coaching...

He did help get Stevenson & Gray to the NFL, but it's not like he has a long track record of developing players & getting them drafted. Personally, I'm rarely a fan of hiring OU alumni as coaches. It gives a perception of "nepotism" & it rarely works out well (RIP John Blake).
RussC

Post by RussC »

Thank you all for the good discussion. I think it’s fair to consider D Murray a veteran assistant now that he’s been on the job since 2020. I don’t think he’s eligible for a grade of Incomplete at this point.
#Mentally In Portal
RussC

Post by RussC »

With a new OC search likely underway, I’ll venture to say DM is not long for the staff.
#Mentally In Portal
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Let's put a reasonable O-line and TE group on the field and see how we feel. Last year we ran for 2614 yds before QB sacks and we didn't have a problem with it then. But I do agree with Russ, he probably won't be around after the new OC comes in. I just hope we don't lose Tatum in the process.
aka Crimson47