Sooners vs Huskies Game Thread

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
White River

Post by White River »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Espinoza strikes out swinging for the first out!
White River

Post by White River »

Lynch struck out swinging after missing a squeeze bunt, two out!
White River

Post by White River »

Allchin grounds out to Sanders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME OVER< SOONERS WIN!

MAY SAVES THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!
White River

Post by White River »

Sooners win 5-4

They didn't play their best game defensively and Bahls pitching and batting experiment was less than stellar. but the Sooners get the Quality Win!
White River

Post by White River »

BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

A win is a win, even if it's an UGLY win!

Jordy definitely didn't have good stuff, WAY too many bases on balls. I would have subbed her out after about 3 innings. Our pitching this year should be good enough that we don't have to stay with a pitcher who is struggling like Jordy was tonight.

Good job in relief, Nicole! Even if your start to the last inning did have me chewing my fingernails!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
White River

Post by White River »

Folks,
I have a conflict for the Sunday afternoon game and I will be unable to do a game thread.
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

No worries, White River....take some time off. You deserve it!
OU will win easily 5 to 4 over LMU in the bottom of the 12th inning on a close call at home plate on a squeeze play...!

Haha! Just kidding!

Hope we start playing like the #1 Team in ALL D-1 SB soon! (Not a hater, but a lover of OU SB)

'10K May' comes through again!!! She may be our ace on the staff this year. Would like nothing better than to see OU win a Natty with all the non-dominating numbers this year...win by grit and grind. Just win. Sweet!

It is still very early in the season, and who knows, we may have beaten the next best team in the nation in Washington tonight!
portalball

Post by portalball »

To expect OU not to take a little step backwards early in the season from last year team is foolish. The Sooners lost lots of talent off last year team
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

While I've made a few critical comments about this year's play (sloppy at times with the errors), I am not at all displeased with where they are at the moment.
Yeah, the errors are unusual for a team that has been mostly error-free the last few years, but I am sure that Patty and her staff will be working to eliminate those as the season progresses.

And, while an undefeated, WCWS championship year is the goal, I think most of us have an inkling of how unlikely it is.

Unprecedented, in fact.

Consider: Since the WCWS began in 1982, only seven teams have managed to finish a season with less than 5 losses:

Here is the PAC (-8, -10,-12)

1989 UCLA 48-4
1992 UCLA 54-2
1994 Arizona 64-3
2001 Arizona 65-4

And then there's Oklahoma:

2013 Oklahoma 57-4
2021 Oklahoma 56-4
2022 Oklahoma 59-3

So, am I expecting an undefeated season? Not hardly. There are too many opportunities during the course of a difficult season in which your team can have an off night, or the other team(s) can have a hot pitcher cool your team's bats.
And there's a lot of other teams that have good players, too!

Rooting for a THREE-PEAT will be aspiring to achieve what only one other team (UCLA) has accomplished, that back in the late eighties and early nineties (1988--89-90)... and that was when only California teams were typically Alabama-like. In today's world, there are LOTS of good teams!

While I am rooting for the three-peat, I am also rooting for Patty to tie the record for the most WCWS Championships by a coach - but not this year. Mike Candrea of Arizona is the current runner-up with 7. Sharron Backus of UCLA, won 8 championships. With a win this year, Patty can vault into a tie with Candrea's 7, then set her sights on Backus.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner