So what's your OU/SoonerTimes story?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OldTimer

Post by OldTimer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I’m an OldTimer as my name implies. I started following my Sooners during the Bud days and I’m told I agonize too much over all things Sooner, but it flows in my veins. I’m already looking forward to next season and we still have one game left this year. Was sure hoping we would make the move to the SEC in 2022, but oh well.
“Come now, let us reason together “
Sevenmm

Post by Sevenmm »

Also an old timer having started following the Sooners in the mid 50s. Wondered why women were crying and such over OU football, that was after the 47 game win streak ended; Wife has a first cousin who played for Bud, later the NY Giants. I was a recruit myself in the mid 60s and old school football still in my blood but I do like throwing the ball.

Perhaps a bit more to add, but just to get on paper here.....started with this.
ArmySooner

Post by ArmySooner »

Test
EMan

Post by EMan »

ArmySooner wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 amTest
Army! Long time no see, buddy! You've been missed!!!
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
ArmySooner

Post by ArmySooner »

So i was in Iraq in 2003 and we used to get very limited internet acess. And then - and this is a TRUE STORY - there was a Texas fan who was the IT guy in Germany who was responsible for all computer access in Iraq. He actuality went through and deleted everything that was Oklahoma related. He didn't just ban my account, he deleted the actual sites from the computer systems. So I had to start over and find a new place.

And then I remembered you guys, so I went back and checked, and I still had an account here, but it was inactive. So I reactivated it and I've been here ever since.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Good to see ya back. You have been missed
::rice2:: :dude:
ArmySooner

Post by ArmySooner »

Heck yeah Tom. It's been a tough couple of years. About got it whooped though. When you're a young man and people say enjoy your good health while you have it, you tend to say "whatever". Then it goes away and DANG.
JoeSooner

Post by JoeSooner »

Grew up in a tiny town close to Miami, OK, so I knew Steve Owens Boulevard before I was old enough to know who Steve Owens actually was. My brother went to OU Med School, but is a total nerd and mostly unaware of football, but I was always into it at an early age.

I did my undergrad elsewhere but went to OU grad school during the Gibbs, Howie, Blake era. Rough times when you could park anywhere you wanted next to the stadium. I used to drive up from Dallas early, listen to WWLS as soon as I was in range, park on Lindsay by the Duck Pond, watch us play terribly and listen to WWLS all the way back to the state line. Moved back to OK in 98, was lucky enough to come across the Crimson Reign crew and enjoy that miracle 2000 season together.

I picked my username when I got my first email address, was shocked it was even available, and have somehow been the first to have this handle on most platforms. I don't remember when I first came across the Times, but I was a poster on several of the old boards back during the WeatherDudes era.
I make big plays in big games, that's all.